10K gemstone ring, 242 coin day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to everyone, hope you all got a chance to get out this weekend. We got rained out Saturday but yesterday morning the rain had stopped so I went out hitting the really rich side of town.

I was a man on a mission and ended up searching 3 schoolyard woodchip areas and 2 parks woodchip play areas. 2 of the schools and 1 of the parks had very small areas to search and these 3 places took only about a half hour each to cover. The third school had a lot of play area to cover and I had searched it last year also but it produced big time again this year. The other areas, I had never searched before. I hit it hard out there, 6- 1/2 hours total search time and then the skies opened up again and the rains came.

My pouch overflowed with finds. It was definitely a fun and productive day out there for me. My first good find at one of the smaller schools was a tennis bracelet laying right on top under the swings. It's got red and white stones and is hallmarked 925 on the clasp. Also laying on top here, right next to the swing support pole was a large 10K gold hoop earring, bent up, but gold, I'll take it! I saw a park on my way to the next school and hit that without much success, a few coins only. The next school was small also and I found a few things including a junk ring, a train flattened penny, and one kind of rare find, a matching pair of "925" earrrings. They are huge, triangle shaped with purple stones. They were in the swings area but not under the swings. They were only about a inch down in the chips located about two feet apart from each other. They are so heavy, I can't imagine someone wearing them, maybe that's why they were taken off and eventually lost. The skies were darkening so I decided to head toward home and coving the school I hit last year on my way. I saw another park so I swerved in and searched that too. It produced a lot of coins and another junk ring, and also an interesting old key on a plated gold chain, pretty cool. I also found a $1 Euro coin here. Someone had searched it sometime lately because some of the coins I found were at the bottom of holes that were loose and had been dug up recently?? Maybe they didn't know how to use their machine very well or else they don't like coins and threw them back in the hole and re-buried them. ::)

Finally, the last school, and this placed was really producing, tons of targets. My best find of the day too. A really nice ladies 10K gold ring with a blue stone, maybe tanzenite and ten small diamond looking stones surrounding it. Woooowhoooo! It was in an open woodchip area between the swings and a sitting bench at the edge of the play area. I always try to cover 100% of the woodchip areas, not just around the play structures and a lot of my good finds come in places away from the play structures. I also got a small 925 earring here too. Lots of trinkets including 2 more junk rings.

I have seen members keeping track of their ring total so I went back through my log and counted up mine for the year. Including today, my total rings count is 47.
10 gold rings, 9 silver rings, and 28 junk/trinket rings.

I was pretty beat when I got home but very happy about my mound of finds. It took me a while to clean them up and I was too busy last night to post my finds, so here's some photos of today's booty. 6- 1/2 hours searching time, $20.90 clad value and 242 coins. I found a ton of quarters today, 56, so that boosted the $ amount. That puts me at about 2500 coins and $173 for the year so far.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to you all out there, HH!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Clad T.jpg
    Clad T.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,252
  • Clad F.jpg
    Clad F.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,255
  • May 27 T.jpg
    May 27 T.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,245
  • May 27 F.jpg
    May 27 F.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,239
  • Gold Ring.jpg
    Gold Ring.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 10K ring.jpg
    10K ring.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,233
Upvote 0

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Great day! I put a short amount of time in this morning(1 1/2), not going to post till day is over though...going over to mother in laws for lunch...dinner...and hey where did Gregg disappear to between lunch and dinner??? <<<Hopefully I can get another hour in today... :)

Obviously a great day, how often are you getting out a week? I am out only usually 9-11 hours a week. But I do get out 3 days a week, how about you? I see some people getting out a lot more than us....say 20-25 hours a week.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
GarrettDealer said:
That is a haul. :o

Thanks for the read and comment GD and welcome to TNet by the way.

Great to have you here! Good luck in all your searches!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
DFX-Gregg said:
Great day! I put a short amount of time in this morning(1 1/2), not going to post till day is over though...going over to mother in laws for lunch...dinner...and hey where did Gregg disappear to between lunch and dinner??? <<<Hopefully I can get another hour in today... :)

Obviously a great day, how often are you getting out a week? I am out only usually 9-11 hours a week. But I do get out 3 days a week, how about you? I see some people getting out a lot more than us....say 20-25 hours a week.

Hi Greg!

Thank you for the friendly comment. I enjoy reading your posts too so I will be looking for your entry tonight. Good luck to you today, bring home the gold buddy.

I am pretty busy normally being a single father with full custody of my two kids, and my boy is a special needs kid, so he keeps me hopping, plus working my engineer job about 50 hours a week. So I don't get out as much as I would like to, normally only on the weekend unless I slip out for a short evening hunt once in a while. I keep an extensive log of all my hunts and the stats etc, adding my hunt time up for 2007 is about 66 hours hunting time so far this year. I hunted on Jan 1st, we had a warm snap at the end of the year here in Michigan, then winter held on for what seemed like forever, so my first hunt this season was in mid March.

TH'ing is my mental health outlet. I really enjoy the solitude of it and getting outside enjoying the weather, plus all the goodies and unusual items we find. Keeps things interesting huh.

Thanks again Greg!

Smiles!
BDoo

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
For 66 hours your totals are awesome I know i have over 120 hours in. What type of detector are you using? Hoping its not an explorer! ;D

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Just wow. :).

That is about 1/3 of all my finds for the year. And it only took you 1 day (6.5 hours is a long day, though ;)). Always love your posts. Just gives me something to aim for.

Thanks, and HH.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I predict your 55 Gal. Drum is 1/4 full now. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Keep it coming.....

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
DFX-Gregg said:
For 66 hours your totals are awesome I know i have over 120 hours in. What type of detector are you using? Hoping its not an explorer! ;D

Hi Greg!

I sent you a PM explaining about my trusty old Garrett TR machine I use for searching the schoolyard woodchip areas.

Have a favorable day my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Very nice day indeed. Lotsa nice stuff there. 242 clad day rocks. In November I had a 322 coin clad day that totally kicked my butt. Had to go right home and take a nap. My legs were toast. WTG.
HH, Mike in NJ

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
WOW!!!!
Bdoo You're The Man!!!
Great Day and Great Finds.
55TXBANDIT

Love The Ring!!!​

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Looks like you ripped um a new one like usual Bobbydoo.

Great going.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice going, Bdoo. That is an amazing clad count you have there. Hey, let me know which schools you hit, since all the clad is gone from them, I can easily get to the deep silver now.... ::) Just kidding; I'm in Cali....

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

R

RUDY2003

Woah, thats one superb day. The coin count and especially the ring, Woah, you set the mark high...
I'm usually pretty beat after about 2-1/2 hours..

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDoo - Awesome count on your hunt. The jewelry is sweet also. Always enjoy your posts. A pat on the back for being a single dad. That's a challenge in and of itself.

HH and put your feet up.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
:P Why am I not surprised? SO far you have MY vote as TH'er of the year. I bow the master!
Seriously nice finds yet AGAIN!!!!
~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread