10k Gold Screw Pins

Everester

Mar 8, 2014
Mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these at a rummage sale last fall and have not been able to find out anything about them. They were in a 25 cent pile and not sure what made me stop to look at them but they just caught my eye. I was surprised to see that they appear to be 10k gold. The diamond shaped on you can only see the K on it. Looks like the screw thread was put in over the 10 part. The triangle shaped one has a clear shot of the 10k on it. There was on back on the triangle one and the only marking other then the 10k mark is on the screw cap. It says R.G.P. Shoe. I talked to the women for a few minutes and she said they had belonged to her husband. She though they might be from WWII. He was in the coast guard at the time stationed in Guadalcanal. Any other explanations or value on these would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0241.JPG IMG_0242.JPG

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is that they are service lapel pins, given at certain anniversaries, like 10 or 20 years of employment.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I agree with Susan, as every example I could find with this backing was just that. They were all post-WWII from what I noted. The style of the pins were similar as well, non-standard geometric in form.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

Everester

Mar 8, 2014
Mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks for the info. After you mentioned that they might be service pins I did a search and found one just like the triangle one on ebay. Its for the sears company from the 1950's. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread