What's new

11/15 Box - Another CWI Skunk

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
I pray to the Silver God....

Please let Inspector #4092 get transferred, or let me start getting boxes with a different date that will actually produce something....
::)

This is a pic of a previous box, but heck, for all it produced, it might as well have been the box I got Thursday...
89jzkes.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Yes, that looks exactly like the 2 boxes I got Thursday that I mentioned in my "Three's A Charm" thread. The date and inspector # is even the same! The box I got Tuesday was similiar but had an October, 2007, date on it. What does CWI stand for and is this considered a Fed box? One bank said they use Brinks and the other Loomis but I can't remember which right now. Thanks.
 
My boxe don't have dates or any of that. Just RT 1 at one bank, Route 1 I suppose.
 
CWI stands for Coin Wrap Incorporated..

More later.
 
The CWI #27 boxes I get here in coastal GA are Inspector #4064.

Total skunks.

Robin
 
CaptainRobin said:
...get here in coastal GA are Inspector #4064.
I wonder if 4064 goes home every night with his pockets bulging with silver? ;D
 
Ryedale said:
CWI stands for Coin Wrap Incorporated..

More later.
Hey Ryedale- I'm ready for the more later. I looked up Coin Wrap Incorporated and got yellow pages from Omaha, Nebraska and Folcroft, PA. Unfortunately they don't have a web site to learn anything from. So is Loomis buying their (MY) halves from them and not the FED? I would appreciate any info you have on this puzzle. HH Mark
 
folks thats coin wrapping INSPECTOR number 94. cwi stands for. if there is a coin wrap inc., it just a coincidence. this is what the long boxes i get in chicago look like.stamped same come from united armored services.
 
there are 2 inspectors. first is cwi ,makes sure wrapped tightly and proper coins per roll. second inspector checks rolls per box and seals it and date stamp.told this by someone who worked at such plce for a while
 
guess thats why when my boxes were undated I would get a short one and a tall one in the mix. Thanks for the info. HH Mark
 
Funny, I had thought CWI #94 meant the #94 facility.

As far as I can tell, just by Googling there are CWI facilities in the following cities:

Middletown, PA
Omaha, NE
Harrisburg, PA (corporate office also)
Greenbay, WI
Framingham/Worcester MA
Atlanta, GA
New York City,
Seattle, WA
New Orleans, LA
Edison, NJ
Chattanooga, TN
Knoxville, TN
Los Angeles, CA
St. Paul, MN
Topeka, KS
Houston, TX
Reno, NV
Denver, CO
Miami, FL
Chicago, IL
Lowell, MA
Beltsville, MD
Albany, NY
Marlborough, MA
Boylston, MA
Memphis, TN
Roanoake, VA
Richmond, VA
Bethlehem, PA
Morrisville, NC
Milwaukee, WI
Richmond, CA
Nottingham, MD
Rochester, NY
Baltimore, MD
Livonia, MI
San Antonio, TX
St. Paul, MN (appears to be 2 facilities there)
Orlando, FL
Tampa, FL
Pensacola, FL
Pico Rivera, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Ontario, CA
Indianapolis, IN
St. Louis, MO
Jackson, MS
Charlotte, NC
Londonderry, NH
Plainview, NY
Oklahoma City, OK
Ridley Park, PA
Columbia, SC
Dallas, TX
Pharr, TX
Wausau/Stevens Point, WI
Syracuse, NY
Dupont, CO
Detroit, MI
Birmingham, AL
San Francisco, CA
Henderson, CO
Folcroft, PA

And these are only 64 locations I found through the first 15 pages of Google.

Here is some other info I discovered here:
http://coins.about.com/b/2007/04/03/washington-dollar-update.htm (scroll down)

The CWI# on the boxes of Washington Dollars have, without exception, been CWI#103 for Philadelphia mint coins, and CWI#102 for Denver mint coins. CWI stands for Coin Wrap, Inc., which is a contractor for the government. Three different Coin Wrap employees have told me that the CWI number is a facility, or location number. However, Coin Wrap itself won't confirm or deny anything about these numbers, saying only that they are for internal use only, and are meaningless to the public. There has been some speculation that the CWI# might be a customer number, and that the coins are being wrapped at multiple locations for the two main customers (the Denver and Philly mints,) but I stand by my information for now. If someone who works for Coin Wrap wants to correct my information in a verifiable manner, I'm all ears.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom