11 coins to go

thing

Aug 8, 2009
I am "" this close to finishing a 500 dollar box of collectible coins I only need to find 2 90% and 11 proof coins and I will have finished my task. I am going out to day for boxes since they are the only likely source in LA to find proofs. My goal was to finish by Christmas, I realize that finding 9 proofs is less likely then finding 9 90% but heres hopping.

Upvote 0
Are you hunting specific proof halves or any proof halves ? A lot of us here on the forum have crummy old clad proofs laying around if you are filling holes. JP

I collect any half that is silver, commerative or proof. I used to collect all those stupid gold plated with dates stamped on them, but as they are completely worthless I stoped about a year ago. I hold on to all the foreign coins and 1987s I find but they don't get included in the box.
The box I have now 198 90% 91 proofs and 700 40% and I have been working on it since april 2010

I don't throw away those shiny proofes either. I hold on hundreds of them just for fun. Hope you achieve your goal.

nope, I just went through a 5000 coin stunk, god I really hate crhing in la. I mean what is the point? A few years ago things were good but now it seems a silver is a fluke, this goes back to my gambling theory, 50 skunks in a row and yet we keep going back for more wasting time a turning hands black, on the slim hope of hitting it big.
I thinks brinks in LA is culling silver because I seem to go into the bank and pick up 10 silvers and when the bank turns in those silvers then they should be in boxes, but that isn't the case. Unless of course there is another hunter out there in LA who does just an insane amount of volume and scoops up everything.

I remember awhile ago I posted a ratio chart, I would kill for those numbers. Ironically now that hunting has become impossible I stoped keeping track.

I hate to say it but...you have met the enemy and the enemy is you. :o After a couple years of high volume you have drained the silver boxes and are at your own dumps. Either that or you are correct about another high volume CRH. Only way around it is to dump or buy in another district. That is why so many of the long timers here are gone. Not much silver left for them to write about...oh yea. Merry Christmas everyone! ;D

Maine

I thought the east coast had ok numbers.

But still in the last 3 months I have found more silver from the banks then from boxes. but if I had not gotten them from tellers they would have gone into boxes but that isn't the case

thing said:
nope, I just went through a 5000 coin stunk, god I really hate crhing in la. I mean what is the point? A few years ago things were good but now it seems a silver is a fluke, this goes back to my gambling theory, 50 skunks in a row and yet we keep going back for more wasting time a turning hands black, on the slim hope of hitting it big.
I thinks brinks in LA is culling silver because I seem to go into the bank and pick up 10 silvers and when the bank turns in those silvers then they should be in boxes, but that isn't the case. Unless of course there is another hunter out there in LA who does just an insane amount of volume and scoops up everything.

I remember awhile ago I posted a ratio chart, I would kill for those numbers. Ironically now that hunting has become impossible I stoped keeping track.

I don't know but maybe you haven't read Bigheed's posts? "Unless of course there is another hunter out there in LA who does just an insane amount of volume and scoops up everything" LOL

Maybe you can give Bigheed a run for his money by upping your volume. :laughing9:

Also if you are worried about turning your hands black, wear a pair of latex gloves. I usually rewash the pair I use afterwards with soap and water and reuse it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back