11 REASONS WHY NOT TO BUY TESORO

Just to be clear (on my part) - My intent was not an expression of belief that Calabash Digger had somehow violated the rules here (or elsewhere, for that matter). In fact I concur that he has not. I do believe his post/video was/is controversial in nature, and designed to be that way. My thoughts were centered on that aspect - not issues regarding board rules or even the interpretation of those board rules.

As for broccoli - I wish I liked it; for the very reasons that you've stated. I just can't get over the taste.

We are all good Tahts, my post about Calabash was not directed at you per-say but more for the members who cant post by/or follow our rules. The other part about broccoli was since I love it and eat it every chance I get. Try it steamed with some butter salt and pepper and a little lemon juice over it sometime. MMMMMMMM

Last edited:
Im going to a Plantation tomorrow that has just been cleared can you say GOLD MINE? …..Will have the Deus in hand and Equinox ready to go....A Tesoro cant even ride in the same truck with my other detectors because im afraid it will teach them to be a 1 tone lame duck.....:headbang:

If I promise to leave the Tesoro home, can I go with you?

Best of luck with your hunt. I think hunting an old Plantation would be amazing. I'm more than a little bit jealous.

Thanks! If your ever down this way shoot me a message.

My impression of the video is, that the Tesoro has a much better audio response, even if it only gives a single tone.
(Deleted by mod, non supporting vendor)

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the forum and I watched the video.

Not a single thing was incorrect.

Ok, it’s a single tone machine, and the tesoro factory is closing, and they (like every manufacture) can have quality control issues.

The main take away was to bench test your machine.

A second tAke away was that a digital machine with 5 or 50 tones indeed has nuanced audio. You really have to use your imagination with one tone.

Nothing said in the video was rude or crazy or mean.

I’ll say something comparatively inflammatory. Why is the factory closing if it’s producing such top notch units??

i love the forum and I watched the video.

Not a single thing was incorrect.

Ok, it’s a single tone machine, and the tesoro factory is closing, and they (like every manufacture) can have quality control issues.

The main take away was to bench test your machine.

A second tAke away was that a digital machine with 5 or 50 tones indeed has nuanced audio. You really have to use your imagination with one tone.

Nothing said in the video was rude or crazy or mean.

I’ll say something comparatively inflammatory. Why is the factory closing if it’s producing such top notch units??
Nash Ramblers with leather interior top notch. Sometimes people won't pay for top notch and will buy cheaper. VWs get you to the same place the Rambler did at a cheaper price... but not better machine!

I was almost sold on the Equinox until I found out about the built in lithium battery. These batteries are only good for so many charge cycles and get weaker on each charge. Like an old cell phone, after a few years their dead.. I looked at the deus, but I'm uninterested in cordless coils and headphones, and charging all the pieces separately. Not to mention they are being sued by Tecnetics. So being such a new company, their future hangs in the balance. I think they only have a couple of detectors on the market, and neither run multi frequencies, but only one at a time.

On another note. I dont think of the Tesoros as VWs. They are more like tractors with lots of raw power, and minus all the useless bells and whistles.

I am interested in adding a Tecnetics or Minelabs detector to my arsenal, but I wont pay an inflated bloated price for the latest greatest model. I will gladly settle for last years.

Last edited:
SAY WHAT... Some Deus users are on the original batteries. 5 years.. cost 50 bucks to replace how much money you spent on AA batteries or 9 volts in 5 years..? Heres 10 reasons to buy a Deus or Equinox...I love the way some guys knock the rechargeable thing...Its the best thing since white loaf bread came out.

Eat your broccoli, or...NO DESSERT FOR YOU!!! 😠 I have spoken!

I was almost sold on the Equinox until I found out about the built in lithium battery. These batteries are only good for so many charge cycles and get weaker on each charge. Like an old cell phone, after a few years their dead.. I looked at the deus, but I'm uninterested in cordless coils and headphones, and charging all the pieces separately. Not to mention they are being sued by Tecnetics. So being such a new company, their future hangs in the balance. I think they only have a couple of detectors on the market, and neither run multi frequencies, but only one at a time.

On another note. I dont think of the Tesoros as VWs. They are more like tractors with lots of raw power, and minus all the useless bells and whistles.

I am interested in adding a Tecnetics or Minelabs detector to my arsenal, but I wont pay an inflated bloated price for the latest greatest model. I will gladly settle for last years.
*Yes that is a big turn off for me on the Equinox i ordered one then cancelled it with that battery if i can not change it i do not want it.I want full control of my detector not have to pay to change a battery to me that is going backwards . Plus postage to send it in.

SAY WHAT... Some Deus users are on the original batteries. 5 years.. cost 50 bucks to replace how much money you spent on AA batteries or 9 volts in 5 years..? Heres 10 reasons to buy a Deus or Equinox...I love the way some guys knock the rechargeable thing...Its the best thing since white loaf bread came out.

You can put rechargeable batteries in any detector. But like I said. I will buy a nice Tecnetics or Minelabs sooner or later, but it will be last years model. I like to be frugal when it comes to money. If this years modal is worth $900.00, then it should be a good buy at $500.00 next year.

*Yes that is a big turn off for me on the Equinox i ordered one then cancelled it with that battery if i can not change it i do not want it.I want full control of my detector not have to pay to change a battery to me that is going backwards . Plus postage to send it in.

Yep I agree. I was sold on that detector, but when I read that part, I just closed the page. Very disappointing to say the least. I know about these batteries with my drones, and they will drop at the wink of an eye.

Yep I agree. I was sold on that detector, but when I read that part, I just closed the page. Very disappointing to say the least. I know about these batteries with my drones, and they will drop at the wink of an eye.

A nifty $50 is nothing I was spending a fortune on batteries. I love my 800 [emoji1317]

Its a big plus,,, wait till the tariffs kick in and batteries are 40.00 a pack.

A nifty $50 is nothing I was spending a fortune on batteries. I love my 800 [emoji1317]

Can you install it yourself, or do you have to mail it off somewhere?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back