11 SILVER, 2 civil war bullets and many FIRSTS

STRIKE HOLD Logan

Feb 18, 2013
South Central KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BEST two day hunt. Got permission to hunt historic home that has not been hit before. Almost no modern trash or clad. 27 Wheat, 7 Buffalo, 1 V Nickel, 1 IH, 1 capped bust dime, 1 barber dime, 3 mercs, 2 rosies, 1 barber quarter, 2 Washington's, 1 walking liberty, two civil war bullets, and a hem weight.

ForumRunner_20131228_173611.png

ForumRunner_20131228_173705.png

ForumRunner_20131228_173739.png

ForumRunner_20131228_173804.png

Thanks 1320. I think we met at a hunt in Lex. last year. I got the flying eagle by the ball park. This homesite I was told was a hospital during civil war, a post office at one time, a brothel, and mark twain lived there as a kid with his uncle. I do think I will return the bullets and 1829 capped bust to owner, it should stay with the home.

that site was good to you !!! very nice saves, it's ashame they holed that 1829 Capped bust as they are beautiful coins, but there purpose gives it character.

Thanks 1320. I think we met at a hunt in Lex. last year. I got the flying eagle by the ball park. This homesite I was told was a hospital during civil war, a post office at one time, a brothel, and mark twain lived there as a kid with his uncle. I do think I will return the bullets and 1829 capped bust to owner, it should stay with the home.

Yes sir, we did meet. Good to see you back on here with some great finds. Returning finds....now that's a class act!

WOW! A capped bust dime, now that's one I still haven't dug yet! Great finds for sure.......
Paul of Penna

wow what a day you had return the bullets and 1829 capped bust to owner, i would do same thing that what keep people like us on top

That's what.I call a ...wait I never had a day like that :( lol great day

Nice finds, congratulations. Some of the people I told about me getting in to this hobby looked at me like I'm crazy. I hold to the idea that if I could pull one of those coins out of the ground, all the time spent researching this before getting started will be worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back