STRIKE HOLD Logan

Feb 18, 2013
South Central KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
11 SILVERS, 7 BUFF'S, 2 CW BULLETS, and many firsts

Love the 5x8 coil on the at pro. Got permission to hunt a house with tons of history circa 1820. Pulled 27 wheats, 7 buffalos, v nickel, IH cent, capped bust dime, 3 mercs, 2 rosies, barber quarter, 2 Washington quarters, walking liberty half, 2 CW bullets, hem weight, and more odds and ends not shown. Best two day hunt ever. HH

ForumRunner_20131228_231116.png

View attachment 920086

ForumRunner_20131228_231438.png

ForumRunner_20131228_230212.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131228_231209.png
    ForumRunner_20131228_231209.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 13
Heckuva couple day's finds. Make sure you stay on the owners good side, as there's probably more to come from that site.

Very nice finds, good work.

What a great day of detecting! Congrats HH.

Congrats! What city in ky? I grew up in Boone county

What a stellar hunt , all that silver & all those buff,s and 2 uncommon (around here at least) Cw era bullets .
CONGRATZ!!
Davers

Thanks you all. This was Somerset. I don't know much about the bullets. One may be a Enfield and the other a Gardner. Both confederate. The bullets I've found in the past have only been the smaller three ringer mini balls.

You had a real good couple of days hunting, nice finds! Congrats! HH!

That is an absolute killer hunt! Just goes to show what some good research and someone who patiently detects that great site can come up with! Great job, those hunts don't happen by accident :-)

I have never hunted a spot like it. Every target was old. I think I got maybe four clad coins and two pull tops. It was coin after coin with no trash in front yard. Now the side and backyard had trash so I will try and spend more time if allowed to go again. I also found a ww1 artillery button but cleaned up and returned. CW camps all around property so I was hopeing for cw buttons.

Way to go! It pays to find the older homes and get permission. I've pulled a lot of large cents, Barbers, Standing Liberty Quarters and a host of other goodies this way. A couple of weeks ago I got a pocket dump this way that included 2 silver quarters, 2 silver dimes and 2 NYC subway tokens by getting permission to hunt an older home.

I have yet to dig any large coppers. I have a few but never dug any. Also on my wish list has always been a silver three cent coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back