What's new

$1100 dimes - proof and old Canadians

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
$700 handrolled, $250 box, $150 clear-wrapped(duds). Got Canadians #16 and 17 for the year. One '93 clad proof (never thought i'd get one, pays to check those fatties).
At BOA poached a $400 partial box of halves. 5 40's and '83 clad proof. Someone ordered the box and never returned for the rest. They were glad to get rid of 'em. Small-scale CRH'ing is fun. ffd
 

Attachments

  • 111709 [640x480].webp
    111709 [640x480].webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 526
  • 111709b [640x480].webp
    111709b [640x480].webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 521
  • 111709 [640x480].webp
    111709 [640x480].webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 519
  • 111709b [640x480].webp
    111709b [640x480].webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 524
Upvote 0
Sweet silver from Canada. What camera do you use? The pictures are awesome. Nice score on the Roosevelt clad proof. I've never come across one in the wild. Guess I have to start checking those fatties.
 
When you say "fattie" do you mean they have a greater width than others? I must say I've seen some but never bothered to look as they did not have a silver edge.

OWS
 
Diver_Down said:
Sweet silver from Canada. What camera do you use? The pictures are awesome. Nice score on the Roosevelt clad proof. I've never come across one in the wild. Guess I have to start checking those fatties.
Thanks, I use a Canon powershot SD780.
 
obsessedwithsilver said:
When you say "fattie" do you mean they have a greater width than others? I must say I've seen some but never bothered to look as they did not have a silver edge.

OWS
After looking at 200,000+ dimes this year I was wondering when I'd get one, yep they are fat, but so were thousands of others!@! This one was maybe extra crispy! ffd
 
Congrats on getting cheap silver. :D
 
Nice finds. I really like those old Canadian dimes. I don't have any.

The pics are great. I use a Canon Powershot SD750. I had another Canon Powershot that I loved, but I got it wet. I then bought a Sony which took good pics, but was a pain in the arse to use, so I quickly took it back and bought my SD750. I love those Canons. They're very user friendly and make great presents. That's actually how I got my first one.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Nice finds with those dimes. The King George's are tough to find. Great photos too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH
Rich
 
Just a question. I received 250 dollars in dimes. They came in a Brinks box and wrapped in that clear plastic. I read some where you can save a lot of time just looking at the rims. I did that and found one silver dime. Would it be wise to just open them all up? Next time should I ask for ones customers turned in? Just wondering.

Nicholas
 
nice finds, love those canadians, the only place I have ever found old canadian silver was in the ground, found with my detector...lol
 
Really nice find. I really like those proofs too, just as hard to find those as it is to find silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom