113 Episodes and NOTHING found...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing that they have managed to keep this failed treasure search TV show going for so long. There have now been 113 episodes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Curse_of_Oak_Island_episodes ) and the closest thing found to treasure was an old Spanish copper coin found in season 1.

I think it is time to let the legend of treasure on

The-Curse-of-Oak-Island-Season-6-Episode-20.jpg

800px_COLOURBOX21419536.jpg

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
It is amazing that they have managed to keep this failed treasure search TV show going for so long. There have now been 113 episodes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Curse_of_Oak_Island_episodes ) and the closest thing found to treasure was an old Spanish copper coin found in season 1.

I think it is time to let the legend of treasure on

View attachment 1831282

View attachment 1831281

A little more to the right ... and also with a sunk galleon in the swamp ?

0539425D-43ED-4736-855B-A3E56AE51EE4.jpeg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[h=2]113 Episodes and NOTHING found...[/h]

I disagree. They found a lucrative bunch of suckers to watch their vapid episodes. I watched the second season to parts of the fourth; but then just switched to visiting these threads and watching better things. ;-) Like documentaries on YouTube.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think one of them found a tick and another found an old rusty nail or spike of some sort and the producer found an audience willing to be strung along.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Mel Fisher never gave up..
...because Mel Fisher had hard documented records that the ATOCHA actual existed and sunk with a cargo treasure during a storm.
Oak Island is based on legend, lore, speculation, and assumptions concerning a hole in the ground that has no such documentation.

Chasing treasure tales created out of thin result in uncovering even thinner air.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A little more to the right ... and also with a sunk galleon in the swamp ?
Would not be a galleon if sailed by Templars or the never left Scotland Earl Henry Sinclair.
Most likely a corduroy log road over wetlands.

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some one entitled a past post "The two idiots at it again". I think now it is "The two scam artists at it again".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While everyone was hiding at home from the virus, Walter went up to Oak Island and went down a well and found the Oak Island Treasure. According to Doug Crowell's post. Walter finds Oak Island Treasure.jpg Walter said his suitcase was a lot heavier.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a steeeek.

And I know who the seventh was that died!

(Silence! I Keel you!)

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why anybody could actually think these guys will find anything of value. They are already millionaires from TV income. Seeing Mr. Drayton more involved lowers my esteem for him, obviously he is also just in it for the TV money. Yamashita's treasure is another inane show where they will never find anything, and Josh Gates will never find anything.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the thing about chasing legends. There is a reason they are still legends.

I enjoy Josh Gates. He's at least a fun personality and host.

Expedition Unknown and River Monsters (Jeremy Wade) are about the only two "episode" TV programs I follow. Sure, you know whenever you hear "look at that!" a commercial is seconds away, but the scenery and locations are interesting.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concur....Gates show is very entertaining...my only negative is that on each expedition...it appears that he looks like he is in charge of something....or directing the expedition...

still, the show is one of the few with an actual plot behind it, and some descent research attempts...

I still cannot beleive that the Oak Island show still airs....that is nothing short of embarassing.

Seeing Mr. Drayton more involved lowers my esteem for him, obviously he is also just in it for the TV money
isnt he there simply for the gay audience?

Yamashita's treasure is another inane show where they will never find anything

you mean dragging excavators up into the jungle is not a good search tool????

as far as Oak Island...with all of their research, they cannot look at historic images and see what has been excavated?????

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1833427&d=1589409333

Should we point out which deep ex on the image WAS the money pit????

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the thing about chasing legends. There is a reason they are still legends.

I enjoy Josh Gates. He's at least a fun personality and host.

Expedition Unknown and River Monsters (Jeremy Wade) are about the only two "episode" TV programs I follow. Sure, you know whenever you hear "look at that!" a commercial is seconds away, but the scenery and locations are interesting.

Agreed.

I cannot watch Oak Island. Not only are they "bumps on logs" as far as personality goes.... it is just plain boring.

Like watching a dog chase its own tail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread