What's new

11th Buffalo and a few other goodies

Rosco53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
720
Reaction score
1,749
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, on a bit of a streak for nickels now. Exchanged my nickels and dimes for another of each, found 3 more silver dimes and my second from Panama:
S20181004_0003.webpS20181004_0004.webp
S20181004_0006.webpS20181004_0005.webpS20181004_0007.webp

And then pulled my 11th Buffalo (only 2nd with no date):
S20181004_0015.webpS20181004_0014.webp

And lastly a 1982 Great Britain 20 Pence:
S20181004_0001.webpS20181004_0002.webp

Happy hunting everyone!
 
Upvote 0
Rosco: keep going as long as you can, but don't burn out.
 
Buffs are great. I think I like them more than war nicks.

Here's a clue to what your dateless ones may turn out to be:

Of the last 58 buffs I've found in the wild (from 3/2/97 to 3/23/14), 22 have been dateless.

Of those 22, once I applied Nik-A-Date, 16 were 1913-19, and 6 were 1920-26.

Chances are good your two dateless ones are from the teens. :icon_thumright:

Btw, your buff ratio is already leaving mine in the dust! Congrats!
 
Buffs are great. I think I like them more than war nicks.

Here's a clue to what your dateless ones may turn out to be:

Of the last 58 buffs I've found in the wild (from 3/2/97 to 3/23/14), 22 have been dateless.

Of those 22, once I applied Nik-A-Date, 16 were 1913-19, and 6 were 1920-26.

Chances are good your two dateless ones are from the teens. :icon_thumright:

Btw, your buff ratio is already leaving mine in the dust! Congrats!

nice finds Rosco. When i nick-a-dated them i got a 1913 D Type 2 and a 1914 D
 
Buffs are great. I think I like them more than war nicks.

Here's a clue to what your dateless ones may turn out to be:

Of the last 58 buffs I've found in the wild (from 3/2/97 to 3/23/14), 22 have been dateless.

Of those 22, once I applied Nik-A-Date, 16 were 1913-19, and 6 were 1920-26.

Chances are good your two dateless ones are from the teens. :icon_thumright:

Btw, your buff ratio is already leaving mine in the dust! Congrats!

Great info. I doubt I'll Nik-A-Date them, just love finding them. They look so nice, definitely my favorite pulls so far. Indian head pennies are a CLOSE 2nd, but in the midst of one hell of a dry spell on them so kinda forgot what its like :-p. And I've pulled 11 buffaloes out of 80 bags thus far, guessing I've just gone through more coins than you've been able to ratio-wise.
 
Rosco: keep going as long as you can, but don't burn out.

I don't know about burning out. I'm a bit obsessed I think, I've even dreamt of finding spare change... If anything I may eventually scale back what i'm searching for in Lincoln cents. Going through key dates with the microscope can be a bit tedious... Still love pulling wheats and canadians though :p.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom