What's new

12.30.15 WV Creek Find

reuellis

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2014
Messages
381
Reaction score
653
Golden Thread
0
Location
Abandoned Teays River Valley, WV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A great way to end the year! Cheers!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451539002.641241.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451539019.156075.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice looking Point and made from Kanawha Flint of course. I bet you find a lot of that material being so close to the source.
 
Very nice! Congrats!
 
That is a good point and I enjoyed the insitu. Hope you have a great 2016 and find lots of points.
 
Nice looking point thanks for showing.
 
Nice year end point
 
What a nice end of the year find! Hope 2016 is even better! Good luck.
 
I'll say it's a great way to end the year. Nice find.
 
What is the pitted black rock in the photo? Its oval
 
thanks for the congrats! anyone have an idea on type. found in putnam county



At first glance I thought Intrusive Mound, after a second look I'm thinking maybe a Kirk corner notch. Intrusive Mound points usually have a pentagon shaped blade, like a Jacks reef. Although it seems a little on the small side for a Kirk, I have seen a few from this area in the 1 1/2" range. This is just my novice opinion, again, great find.
Kirk Corner Notch Projectile Point
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom