DPBOB
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 12, 2006
- Messages
- 3,592
- Reaction score
- 264
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- DES PLAINES IL
- Detector(s) used
- AVATAR: MY Wife Saying....
"Your going Metal Detecting
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Got out with Kimsdad and WaterColor today...... Thanks for the invite guys....
It's always great getting out with great guys and then have a great hunt too....
Went to a new spot .....
Started off doing the woods only to find 2 Memorials.....in about 1 1/2 hours.... " MEAGER"
I was about to ask if they wanted to do plan " B " but opted to wait a little while longer so I decided to head to an open area...
Just as I entered it I got a call from Neil telling me about his great find.....

Walked about 10 feet and got a descent signal...Dug it out and out popped a silver quarter.....SWEET...Turned out to be a
1907 Barber Quarter 1st one of the for the year .... After taking a picture I was moving the coin and noticed the rim of another coin in the dirt. It turned out to be a 1924 penny...After about 20 minutes I pulled a 1916 Barber Dime out....Mark took off and Neil
joined me only to be a pirate and pull a Merc out....
I found a small spot that had 7-8 Wheaties and was thinking there has to be a silver here...Last target a 1928D Merc....
That makes #74
Couldn't find #75
We decided to call it a day....
On the way home I decided to hit a spot where I have hunted many of times...Maybe I'll get a Rosie for a trifecta and #75.
Got out of the car and walked to the grass area.. Turned the machine on and ground balanced it..Took a couple swings and a good signal....Out popped # 75 a 1941 Washington.....Stuck around a while and pulled out another wheatie spill , this time it had 6 in the hole.....On the way back to the car I decided to dig 1 more signal then head out...Got about 20 feet from where the quarter was and got a 1952 Rosie ( #76 ) BAM TRIFECTA.....I left....
In all I got 5 Silver
21 Wheaties
A Ring
A cool pin with letters ?
$0.27 in clad....
And best of all....It was a FUN day with Friends.....
It's always great getting out with great guys and then have a great hunt too....
Went to a new spot .....
Started off doing the woods only to find 2 Memorials.....in about 1 1/2 hours.... " MEAGER"
I was about to ask if they wanted to do plan " B " but opted to wait a little while longer so I decided to head to an open area...
Just as I entered it I got a call from Neil telling me about his great find.....
Walked about 10 feet and got a descent signal...Dug it out and out popped a silver quarter.....SWEET...Turned out to be a
1907 Barber Quarter 1st one of the for the year .... After taking a picture I was moving the coin and noticed the rim of another coin in the dirt. It turned out to be a 1924 penny...After about 20 minutes I pulled a 1916 Barber Dime out....Mark took off and Neil
joined me only to be a pirate and pull a Merc out....
I found a small spot that had 7-8 Wheaties and was thinking there has to be a silver here...Last target a 1928D Merc....
That makes #74
Couldn't find #75
We decided to call it a day....
On the way home I decided to hit a spot where I have hunted many of times...Maybe I'll get a Rosie for a trifecta and #75.
Got out of the car and walked to the grass area.. Turned the machine on and ground balanced it..Took a couple swings and a good signal....Out popped # 75 a 1941 Washington.....Stuck around a while and pulled out another wheatie spill , this time it had 6 in the hole.....On the way back to the car I decided to dig 1 more signal then head out...Got about 20 feet from where the quarter was and got a 1952 Rosie ( #76 ) BAM TRIFECTA.....I left....
In all I got 5 Silver
21 Wheaties
A Ring
A cool pin with letters ?
$0.27 in clad....
And best of all....It was a FUN day with Friends.....

)






