12 degree hunt today and total for my first week

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my detector for a week now, Been out 4 times (2 were lunch breaks of 1 hour) and today it was too cold to stay out very long. It was 12 degrees with 15 MPH wind today and i had to give up when my fingers hurt so bad I couldnt stand it anymore. I will have to take my clad finds and get a better pair of gloves ;D It's going to take a little while longer to get accustomed to the Minelab Explorer after using Whites for nearly 18 years.

Found 1.34 in clad, a small doll, and a button today.
My total for my first week is $12.33 in clad, 1 1952 wheat cent, a cell phone, a few buttons and 2 little cars. Looking forward to warmer weather....

Attachments

• 20jan08.jpg
    20jan08.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 495
  • 1stweektotl.jpg
    1stweektotl.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That clad count is pretty good in my book! I need to invest in some good thermal gloves too! Stay warm!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cell phone was just under the leaves, covered up, but not under the dirt. i forgot the 925 silver ring on my first day.. :o
I need to get a good Macro lens for my Nikon D40...

Attachments

• 925 ring.jpg
    925 ring.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 451

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those cold days..get some of those hand warmers.. I buy em by the whole box full..and the footwarmers too..I use two for each hand..one ontop of hand..one in my palm.. may help ya.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel you pain, I was out Wed-Fri of this week and it sure was nice to have the thermals on. It's about 7 Degrees right now so I'm not too sure if I will be heading out tomorrow, I have the day off. There isn't that much snow on the ground here in town so perhaps if I can convince myself ;D

I'm sorry, it's an addiction

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrtim said:
It's going to take a little while longer to get accustomed to the Minelab Explorer after using Whites for nearly 18 years.

It'll take a little bit of time but it's not THAT difficult to pick up... However, when you get the hang of it, you'll find yourself at all the "hunted out" spots you've been to over the years digging up the deep ones you've missed :)

As far as the cold goes, other than hand warmers there's not much you can do for the hands. Seems like the fingers are the first to go :) I work the beach during the winter so I know cold... Thermals, jeans, wool socks, waders, sweater, down coat /hood, ski mask, and wind-proof insulated / water-proof gloves. Mine have a glove within a glove but I can still pick up a coin from my scoop with them on :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions