kilmer
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 30, 2005
- Messages
- 295
- Reaction score
- 61
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Central Indiana
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
A guy who saw me metal detecting this summer called today asking if I could find a cellphone in the snow.
Of course, I said yes and headed out the door. I took both the F70 and my Cz 3d thinking he could probably
help look during the long search. He had shoveled two or three entrances with steps around his business. I laid
my cell down in the snow ran the detector over it and started searching. He left to get a shovel. I took one swing
to the left of my starting point and got a signal. Dug down eight inches or so and pulled the phone out.
I was sitting in the car, detectors put away, heat blazing when he came out with the shovel. I rolled down the
window and told him I decided not to wait for the shovel. He was really confused till I told him I was defrosting his
phone on the the dash. He almost lost it. I turned down the cash reward but reminded him I sure would like to
search the business yard this summer. He grinned and started telling me about two or three good spots he owned he
thought would be worth hunting.
I think it was five minutes well spent. I can't believe how quickly I found the phone. I know it could have taken
hours or a good thaw but got lucky. Hope my luck transfers to an early spring.
HH, Don
Of course, I said yes and headed out the door. I took both the F70 and my Cz 3d thinking he could probably
help look during the long search. He had shoveled two or three entrances with steps around his business. I laid
my cell down in the snow ran the detector over it and started searching. He left to get a shovel. I took one swing
to the left of my starting point and got a signal. Dug down eight inches or so and pulled the phone out.
I was sitting in the car, detectors put away, heat blazing when he came out with the shovel. I rolled down the
window and told him I decided not to wait for the shovel. He was really confused till I told him I was defrosting his
phone on the the dash. He almost lost it. I turned down the cash reward but reminded him I sure would like to
search the business yard this summer. He grinned and started telling me about two or three good spots he owned he
thought would be worth hunting.
I think it was five minutes well spent. I can't believe how quickly I found the phone. I know it could have taken
hours or a good thaw but got lucky. Hope my luck transfers to an early spring.
HH, Don







