12 round thingys in a walkway.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to work Friday (Just like every other weekday) and had a job at this guys house. Outside I immediately noticed about 12 of these things cemented in the walkway leading to the front door. I asked him if they were what I thought they were and he said "What do you think they are? They were here when I bought the house." I stated I thought they were artillery of some sort. He said "I have know idea do you want one?" So I said YES!!! and kicked one out.
It's about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and weighs about 6 1/2 lbs. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• ba;;.jpg
    ba;;.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 114
  • BALL2.jpg
    BALL2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old mortar round or hand grenade? Is the center part there filled with lead? May have been where the fuze was placed.

OP
OP
toddsumm1

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a sprue from the mold. It's is the same iron or steel the rest of the ball is. Someone stated it was a ball used in a lime kiln.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread