Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Surely someone punched that NRA into it as some sort of statement. I see people saying this all the time about getting lucky at a coinstar. What's the deal with that? Excuse my very obvious ignorance on this subject and educate me.
Is there actually some sort of Coinstar fishing going on?

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely someone punched that NRA into it as some sort of statement. I see people saying this all the time about getting lucky at a coinstar. What's the deal with that? Excuse my very obvious ignorance on this subject and educate me.
Is there actually some sort of Coinstar fishing going on?
Agree...
Coinstars are found in various grocery stores...Walmarts etc...they are green in color...and say coinstar on them...the way they work is people bring in their spare change and pour their coins into the coinstar which counts the coins...I think the machine keeps 10 or 11 percent of what is poured in...and you keep the rest... the machine gives you a receipt that you can cash in... basically, it deals with your loose change... Coinstars reject foreign coins, silver coins, tokens etc...which end up in the reject bin just below where the coins were poured in... One time I recovered $2 in nickels someone had left there...and I've gotten a good amount of silver coins over time...

Hope that helps :)

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So basically it is simply groping the coinstar machine reject bin every time you get around it? LOL
Sounds simple enough.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So basically it is simply groping the coinstar machine reject bin every time you get around it? LOL
Sounds simple enough.
That's it...you said it much more succinctly 😊. It also pays to feel around where the coins are poured in and behind the handle...I have retrieved quite a few coins that way...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions