What's new

$120 in nickles was very kind indeed

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
It took 3 banks to round them all up, but I cleaned them all out. Brought home the coins, and they didnt last very long unsearched :). I had 2 very nice scores, and a few other goodies as well.

MY FIRST BUFF! He roams the wild no more, and at home with me indeed. Shame is that he is worn, and no date visible.
1971s - you might think, "it's 1971, so what?" well, no 1971s in my coin folder, so I checked online, and found out this is a proof coin. Only 3 million made!
1943s - every search so far has yeilded silver!
and about 25 other pre 1960s
One roll in particular had SEVEN pre 1960s in it. Was pretty cool I thought :).

And to boot, I searched $25 in pennies recently too, and found 8 wheats, including a 1927 and a 1935d. Can't wait to finish out the other pennies I have :).

Hope you are all finding the goods!
Anthony
 
Upvote 0
A buff, a silver, and a proof all out of only $120... NICE WORK!

I've only found one proof nickel myself... think it was a 97 or something. And only two Buffs... you'll be smashing my records in record pace.

The silver record might take you a little while though. :P

~Dave
 
Already put it in cardboard, but here is a pic of it as it is. Its in rather good shape thankfully.
 

Attachments

  • 71s.webp
    71s.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 273
Nice find. I've found probably 10 Jefferson proofs but haven't found the 1971. Nic-a-date can bring your date back on your dateless Buff.
 
*perks up* wait, what is this you mentioned, and how does it work to restore lost dates? I have an old morgan I want to see the date on, but it is gone as well.
I am eager to hear more,
Anthony
 
As far as I know, the nic-a-date only works on nickels as it only works down that type of metal well.

It is a cool little tool and not too expensive at all. You can easily find it in a good search.

Be sure to look at before and after pictures of the nickels though that it has been used on.

The place on the nickel where you use it becomes OBVIOUSLY discolored. Not like blue or purple or anything but a much brighter sheen of the base metal.

Some people love it because it reveals dates, but it certainly brings down coin value if you reveal a nice date. ;)

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom