What's new

1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus

reuellis

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2014
Messages
381
Reaction score
653
Golden Thread
0
Location
Abandoned Teays River Valley, WV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
by Charles Mann. outstanding work that is so full of information i have started my second read of it and it feels like the first. highly recommended. has anyone else read it?
 
Upvote 0
No, but I would, sounds neat :icon_thumleft:
 
Yup, I have. Fascinating book, for sure. I underlined many sentences; here's one: (page 69)
"The great armada's ships could remain at sea for over three months and cover at least 4,500 miles without making landfall to replenish food or water, for separate grain ships and water tankers sailed with them." Clever dudes, for sure; and because of the composition of that fleet, it could easily go around the world--in stages--as the book suggests and offers 'evidence'.


Don........
 
I have and thought it a very poor version of history. As a whole I thought it was poorly done. Maybe just me though.
 
I read it years ago. It was interesting on many levels. He makes many points I had not considered before.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom