What's new

Ben Subletts Mine

russau

Gold Member
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
9,498
Reaction score
10,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Louis, missouri
I justgot a copy of Robert Clines book titled "The Lost Gold of Geronimo " This is his familys account of thier familys effort to claim the land while tring to keep it from the publics eye ! When I started reading it I had a hard time putting it down because I traveled close to this location about 45/50 years ago looking prospecting for gold !The book first part of it is factual familys story of their familys efforts and then it goes on (so far) untill the 2022 date anf their effort to retreive the gold the Grandfather's brought home and the Government efforts to keep people from it. GREAT STORY and it's got me welded to reading about their familys story.I've heard this story on the net BUT it was just a story then , now (for me) it's a familys written account of what they have gone through and still are today. I'm enjoing reading this and I'm thinking / remebering of my trip out to New Mexico ! I TOTALY recommend reading this book. I'm GLAD I DID! The Author Robert Cline has a website : GERONIMOSGOLD@GMAIL.COM I hope I can post this if anyone is interested in it.
 
Last edited:
I justgot a copy of Robert Clines book titled "The Lost Gold of Geronimo " This is his familys account of thier familys effort to claim the land while tring to keep it from the publics eye ! When I started reading it I had a hard time putting it down because I traveled close to this location about 45/50 years ago looking prospecting for gold !The book first part of it is factual familys story of their familys efforts and then it goes on (so far) untill the 2022 date anf their effort to retreive the gold the Grandfather's brought home and the Government efforts to keep people from it. GREAT STORY and it's got me welded to reading about their familys story.I've heard this story on the net BUT it was just a story then , now (for me) it's a familys written account of what they have gone through and still are today. I'm enjoing reading this and I'm thinking / remebering of my trip out to New Mexico ! I TOTALY recommend reading this book. I'm GLAD I DID! The Author Robert Cline has a website : GERONIMOSGOLD@GMAIL.COM I hope I can post this if anyone is interested in it.
Russ,

That's an email address not a website.
 
You guys probly have done a LOT of reading on gold stories and such , YEP so have I and most of them turn out to be on Goverment land a LOT of them turn out that way as I have seen and read about ! Now as this story turns out to be the same situation ! A person finds a location and is blocked by our Government from the spoils of their own labor and REFUSED to go any further! JUST AS THIS STORY ! EXCEPt they had a valid old claim and was allowed to keep the claimBUT NO POWER EQUIPMENT ! ONLY SHOVELS ! Sound familiar ???? another story similar to this one was inn the South East States. A diver had diving expeditions in the rivers around that area . They found many things . This guy that had to diving tours was a friend of Perry Massie son of George Massie of the GPAA fame. They had a tv show on Perry's seris "Gold Fever' that showed them in a Southern state and they found some items and when they got back to the boat dock they had a welcoming party there waiting for the film crew and the police ,the staes archiolgisr and all . They asked them if they found anything and Perry said yes and showed them a old rifle ! It was confiscated by the police and they were given a citation for removeing it from that stes water. Of course Perry got ahold of their lawyers and did some legal investigation and as it turns out that states Govenor was also a avid skin diver and he did his own investigation into this matter. As it turned out these state Geologists were actively bring home items for "their" collection and "resonal use ! They got fired and all this inventory got returned to the rightfull Department and the Govenor didn't pursue any litigation to Perry and his friend that brought him out there to film. As it also turned out that Perry's friend had been for years turning over what he found in the river over to the State museums for years ! This was on a show that Perry and his brother Tom did "Gold Fever" that I watched reverently ! SO my point is could thiscloseing of the land like this potentially be the same kind of incident ??? It appears to me that it is! BUT what can you do to stop it or to circumvent thus ????? It seems a lot "fishy" to me ! I personnaly feel since they had the claim for "ever" they should have to right to pursue the prise !
 
Sorry ! His email is : GERONIMOSGOLD@GMAIK.COM I type as fast as I can with my 2 authritic fingers ! ;)
That's almost the same as what you posted before...except you said originally it was his website which I pointed out it wasn't a web address, now you're saying it's his email address, that's all fine a good and appears to be correct except BUT 2 things, all email address should be lowercase letters...and you misspelled gmail this time, which makes it an invalid email address.
 
HUMMMM ? I better controll my finger tips a little better this time and wear my glass' !
 
After having my second cup of coffeeee I got my copy of Robert Clines book out to the front of it and I quote: Email: GERONIMOSGOLD@GMAIL .COM his website is :GERONIMOSGOLD.COM its all in caps in the book so my arthritic fingers did their job ! BUT I do agree with your points and I just copiedwhat Mr. Cline or the printing company put done !
 
Last edited:
After having my second cup of coffeeee I got my copy of Robert Clines book out to the front of it and I quote: Email: GERONIMOSGOLD@GMAIL .COM his website is :GERONIMOSGOLD.COM its all in caps in the book so my arthritic fingers did their job ! BUT I do agree with your points and I just copiedwhat Mr. Cline or the printing company put done !
That all works!!
 
Well that's a good thing , I was starting to think my old age and aurthrictic hands are getting mixed messages from my aging mind ! :) or versa vica ! :)
 
Did some research and my wife's family came from Franklin County TN to Barry County MO and then to TX. Looks like her gg or ggg grandfather was Ben Sublett's uncle. Lots of similar family names such as Caldwell and Bonapart.
 
Hi all. I'm the author of the book, and just noticed this thread! 🙂 I'm happy to answer any questions about the story and ongoing project.

Website:

Russau, I have a quote from you posted there. I'm so glad you liked the book!

Here's the other thread on this topic:

Also, I'm looking for geoscience experts who want to study it. The deposit's geochemical signature appears to be unique on Earth. It would make a great thesis project.

Robert
 
Last edited:
I'm having trouble finishing this GREAT BOOk because of my broken right shoulder and I can't hold the book and turn the pages as bad as 'd like to ! But I will finish this soon ! I'd love to be there BUT I'd just be a "old man" in the way of people trying to get this done ! God's speed to you all !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom