14K (125) diamond tennis bracelet, merc, treasure token, ETC.....

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Well, found the tennis bracelet in the wood chips sat. morn. and thought just by looking at it, that it was fake. When I got home, I saw that it said 14K on it and got a little excited, especially since it had some weight to it. When I went to the jeweler at the mall how ever, they tested the diamonds and said they were not diamonds and that it was not gold. Better luck next time, I guess. I did come up with a 1941 merc out of an old hammered park though!

phpc6sT9oPM.jpg

Attachments

• phpviJPCOPM.jpg
    phpviJPCOPM.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 938
  • phpra3WgSPM.jpg
    phpra3WgSPM.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 928
  • phpLPcFv6PM.jpg
    phpLPcFv6PM.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 901
  • phpKkNQk1PM.jpg
    phpKkNQk1PM.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 889
  • phpQkAujgPM.jpg
    phpQkAujgPM.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 895
  • phpm9IKRnPM.jpg
    phpm9IKRnPM.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 897
  • phphUgokGPM.jpg
    phphUgokGPM.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 902
  • phpkOYoLqPM.jpg
    phpkOYoLqPM.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 882
  • phptAmPzrPM.jpg
    phptAmPzrPM.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 894
Upvote 0

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
mmmm love the gold! wonder if the ice is real!!?? that would be saaaawweeeeettt!!!! Great find and congrats!!!

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Why would they try to fake 14k? A great energy booster even if it fake.

OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
favored papa said:
I think I would get a second test done on it.

I went to a second jeweler in the mall and they said the same thing :-[

OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Lakemonster said:
is that a watch key?

I think it's just a pendant.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
History hunter , I might even get a couple more jewelers to look at that , the clasp with the double
safety catches (lotta good they did ! ) is indicative of high end work , the fact that you say it has
some weight to it - takes it out of the base metal realm , and it is stamped 14k . I think you have the
real thing here . Argentium.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Argentium said:
History hunter , I might even get a couple more jewelers to look at that , the clasp with the double
safety catches (lotta good they did ! ) is indicative of high end work , the fact that you say it has
some weight to it - takes it out of the base metal realm , and it is stamped 14k . I think you have the
real thing here . Argentium.

I agree with you Argentium! :thumbsup:

The metal work and the amount of detail looks high end and expensive to me!
If it was a fake they would've saved a lot of money by using a lighter base metal. :icon_scratch:

This is one beautiful bracelet history hunter! :hello2:

Dave

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bracelet, I agree looks too good to be a fake. Did the 2 jewelers actually test it or just look at it? Good luck with it, Nuggy

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Hallmarks can sometimes lie, but I would acid test that thing to make sure. You may have been talking to a jewelry store employee instead of an actual jeweler.

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find! I'm with everybody else on this one, I wouldn't trust a jeweler I didn't know well and it looks very good. However the 5th picture does look like there might be wear on the clasp that might reveal it to actually be plated. Unfortunately there are some good fakes out there. I would recommend buying a gold test kit, amazon has them for as low as $10, ebay looks like about $17 or so and since you only use one drop at a time they last a long time. Another place I like to take stuff to is my local rock shop. They usually aren't out to rip you off.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get another test done somewhere else. Usually that claspe style is only used on real gold settings. All of the bracelets I've seen with that style clasp have been real gold. And it looks like it's real from your pics, but it's easier to tell in person. A lot of shops will try telling you that you have fake gold, and then offer to buy it from you for like 5 bucks. Then they will ship it off to the refinery and make some money off of you. Shop around, and don't fall for that stuff. Either way, nice dig.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice bracelet and merc :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions