What's new

14K, .925, and a "whoo- whoo- whoo"! Wet sand finds today

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:

Returned to the beach where I had found the trifecta silver the other day; thought maybe I might have missed other treasures...I was correct; found 14K gold ring & .925 interesting toe ring today.

Worked hard for these two: spent 2 3/4 hrs. listening to only kazoo sounds in the headphones, but kept at it, and although ready to call it quits I decided to do an additional section on wet sand slope...about a 10' x10' area....that's where I found the treasures in the remaining 15 ' of the hunt.

The (? brass) trio of owls I had found earlier in the week, but had them in olive oil to loosen bits of dirt; I think it is an antique attachment of some kind. :dontknow: It was in the thick mud amid rocks.

Lightweight( ? aluminum) ring has a Scripture verse inscribed on band.

Here's a link to the "boy/girl " silver toe ring for sale:
http://uptownsilver.com/estate-arti...esign-925-sterling-silver-toe-ring-adjustable

Here's some pics....thanks again for looking

Lorraine

DSCF3087.webp

DSCF3088.webp



DSCF3090.webp

DSCF3086.webp

DSCF3091.webp

DSCF3093.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Amazing that you were able to trace the origin of this item, Beachkid23; I tried for hours to trace it, but got nowhere.

I deeply appreciate that you took the time to research the item.

I just read up on the "Order of Owls"...very interesting group with noble causes.

I am so happy to have the mystery solved ,and I thank you for help me .

The one I found looks to be either gilded or just brass;

Following your link , I just found a site with the the exact pin that I have:

here's a link to the pic and info:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/order-of-owls-fraternal-rare-vintage-ooo-pin




Here is something like your owls!

http://ebay.to/1rqSYmM
 
Last edited:
Congratulations!!

Terrific finds!!:wav: Congratulations!! Love the pics:love10: All the best next hunts:treasurechest::2barsgold::goldbar::gold-bracelet::coins::goldpan::3barsgold:
 
Last edited:
Well done, Lorraine. Guess I will have to learn to detect all over again if I don't get out soon. Beautiful day yesterday and today, but can't get far from home. HH.
 
Congrats on the gold and silver...you've been on a good roll...keep it up.
 
Nice finds, what a way to finish the hunting day.
 
Lorraine are you giving lessons? Great finds!
 
Thanks , WV

Here's my lesson : right time / right place / calm, cool, collected ( while collecting)!:cat:

Truly, I just got lucky ....most days it's $0.38 in clads!

Lorraine



Lorraine are you giving lessons? Great finds!
 
Way to go Loraine. The sov is an awesome beach machine. Love mine!
 
Congratulations ! I hope your next trip is just as successful !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom