14k old Ring find with my DFX

Dave P

Feb 24, 2010
Port Saint Lucie Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went to a Family picnic in Connecticut and threw some coins out on the grass for the kids to hunt down with the help of my DFX. I got a good target reading at 4 /1/2" down so I went for it. This shiny gold ring was the target. Nice huh? We think we know who the owner is so I don't think I will be keeping it :'( I also found the 1944 Mercury dime right close to the ring. Dave P.

Attachments

• 9-5-2010 14K Gold ring find in E. Hftd. Ct (10).JPG
    9-5-2010 14K Gold ring find in E. Hftd. Ct (10).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 748
  • 9-5-2010 14K Gold ring find in E. Hftd. Ct (9).JPG
    9-5-2010 14K Gold ring find in E. Hftd. Ct (9).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 750
  • 9-5-2010 14k Gold ring find in E. Hftd. Ct (13).JPG
    9-5-2010 14k Gold ring find in E. Hftd. Ct (13).JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 754
Upvote 0
Nice finds and sorry to hear the loss! :-[ LOL But you'll feel good on the return, Get pictures and lets us know.

Silver and Gold on the same hunt is great in anyones book. Congrats

Juan's lucky that an honest person like you found it. It will come back to you ten fold :icon_thumright: Where in CT. was your picnic...Rich.

what type of DFX do you have? I use the 300 and still cannot determine gold rings with it, I do dig the pull tabs, i Use a custom mode and relic mode, silver and quarters read 81-88 nickels 20 and pennys 65 . nice find!!

I also have a DFX and if I do an air test with a good ring (gold) it will show both the pull tab icon and the ring icon but the ring icon will be first on the left where a pull tab air test would be opposite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back