14kDE Sparkler in the Sand! 11-27-11

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14kDE Sparkler in the Sand! I went to a beautiful County park, located on Long Island Sound here in Westchester County. At the close of the summer season, the sandy beach is closed with no access. I thought perhaps I would be able to get on the beach, but a new 10’ security fence quickly ended those hopes. :dontknow:

Instead, I started working the sand volleyball courts. I was a little shocked when my first coin was a 1956 Wheat penny! :icon_thumleft: That helped me forget about not getting on the beach, and I actually started enjoying myself. I began popping a lot of 1970s clad in the middle of the court near where the net would be, and then I got a sharp, crisp, double beep.. :icon_scratch:

I already had several pop-tops in the pouch, and I was sure this was one more. Shook out the scoop and looked in. WOW! :o Kate said she heard me holler from 50-yards away. It is marked 14kDE, and the stone is clear, not blue as it looks in the photo. I don’t see any scratches on the stone, but I’m not going to get excited until I have it checked at my jeweler tomorrow. Ah heck, who am I kidding? I might not even sleep tonight! :laughing9: :hello2: :laughing7:

Attachments

• GI1.jpg
    GI1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,408
  • nbnb.jpg
    nbnb.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,530
Upvote 0
Not all gold is in the hills or on the beaches! Nice find! Hope it is worth as much as it looks like it should!!!! :hello2:

:icon_thumleft: OMG what a stunning find, I would have messed myself if we ever found a beauty like that, WTG!!!! :icon_thumright: Keep us posted on what you find out! :icon_thumright: Red

Looks good to me, send it over and i'll test it on my new diamond tester. LOL HH

What does the "DE" stand for? My searches have come up with nothing applicable.

Wow, what a find! That stone is huge and if real should be worth alot..... how come I only find ones with small stones? lol

Cliff

That is a BEAUTY !!! :headbang:
Glen

Roland58 said:
What does the "DE" stand for? My searches have come up with nothing applicable.

I'm really not sure. I thought perhaps Germany, or maybe a makers mark. I should know more tomorrow! I want to believe it's a diamond, but I have been disappointed before. Thanks for all the nice posts and Stay tuned! :notworthy:

the de is prob a markers mark is the ring on a blue clothe I think its the diamond reflecting light?

It certainly looks good to me but would be surprised if someone would not get someone to md the court if it was lost. Can't wait to hear the results.

Awesome recovery Terry! :o
Let's hope you found the real deal. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Congrats on finding a beautiful ring. I hope you report back good news tomorrow, with your 1000th TNET post!

Nice looking ring! Usually....anything with an E after the K is not a good thing.
Hope this isnt the case here.

Good luck! It is gorgeous! If real, I am sure there is someone who would pay a nice finder's fee! Let us know tomorrow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back