What's new

14KP GOLD with 3 Diamonds at the Pigeon Drop

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Finally released the pigeon this morning. At 6:00 am I drove him to the beach in the cage I kept him in. Getting him out of the cage is SO Funny! He attacks me fiercely with his wing. I just grabbed him an put him in the paper shopping bag. Suddenly it's just sad baby peeps. No more aggression. Of course I understand the aggression comes as a cover for fear.[something applicable for us humans too].

Well he flew to a crossbeam under the pier and is fine so I decided to take advantage of being at the beach. The Barber Surf Rake was doing it's thing (Cleaning the beach). I followed in the tracks of the freshly cleaned sand. Please keep this info to ourselves because I've heard a few detectorists say they avoid Seal Beach because they machine clean the sand.

I was picking up clad left and right and got an iron signal of 12 (Fisher F4). This generally indicates a thicker bobby pin (Yikes am I dating myself?) or the ubiquitous tent stakes I've recently been finding at the beach. It was a chain...NEAT. Another signal of 12...and another chain...Hmm odd. another signal closer to 15. Ahh this is the tent stake. NOPE. it's a 14KP Gold Ring with 3 Diamonds! [AND 14KP does NOT mean PLATED...look it up, I did]. The ring is small, considerably smaller than the photo :D.

I suspect the ring was on one of the chains...the chains are magnetic. It's possible the Surf Rake picked up the chains and then dropped them. Anyways I am pretty excited to add this ring to my collection (#44).

HH Joe
 

Attachments

  • Gold ring 11 Aug sm.webp
    Gold ring 11 Aug sm.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 809
Upvote 0
:thumbsup:
Congrats on the plum gold. KP is generally finer than regular 14k. WTG
:icon_pirat:
JuJu
 
Yes back a few months ago I too had a 14kp thought it was plated..looked it up an it said it meant plum, they used that cause some jewlers was ripping people off on the weight of gold they was using..So plum is a garantee there is 14karats in the gold they made the ring with...
 
Yes, actually my heart sank when I read that 14KP. But the ring looked so solid I decided to Google "14KP means" and there was the story and I felt very, very good.

HH Joe
 
DrJoePrime said:
The ring is small, considerably smaller than the photo :D.

No kidding? Viewing it on my 100" screen ;D

That's a very sweet ring! WTG :thumbsup:

Wonder when I'm gonna find my first gold...Guess I just have to keep digging harder those pulltabs :D
 
Here's my entire pinkie:
 

Attachments

  • Gold ring 11 Aug 0 sm.webp
    Gold ring 11 Aug 0 sm.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 774
  • Gold ring 11 Aug 3 sm.webp
    Gold ring 11 Aug 3 sm.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 999
Nice ring and a real plum... Nice pigeon drop.

SKD
 
beautiful ring and thanks for the info ! also from the pic it looks like 3 stones in it , diamonds maybe ? congrats :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom