15 FLYING EAGLE/INDIAN HEAD COIN SPILL

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out yesterday to do a little recon in the Jersey Pine Barrens. I found a nice early site from around the late 1700s. I'm trying to find some more Jerseys as they really get my blood flowing! There wasn't too much activity at the first site so I moved about a mile upstream.
I found another site that had a few Indian Heads. They were the 12% Nickle ones that I really don't care for. They just don't hold up well in the ground. There were 15 so far with the newest one being 1864. I suppose that I'll have to go back to get the rest of them!

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 362
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 312
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 268
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 46

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out yesterday to do a little recon in the Jersey Pine Barrens. I found a nice early site from around the late 1700s. I'm trying to find some more Jerseys as they really get my blood flowing! There wasn't too much activity at the first site so I moved about a mile upstream.
I found another site that had a few Indian Heads. They were the 12% Nickle ones that I really don't care for. They just don't hold up well in the ground. There were 15 so far with the newest one being 1864. I suppose that I'll have to go back to get the rest of them!
Awesome find! Would love to come hunt with you sometime.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say I love the older IHP's. You're right in that they don't hold up well, but for me...the earlier, the better ( especially when you can come across a FEC). Congrats on your finds!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a spill! Awesome eagle button and some flatties. Congratulations!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good day :)_ Congratulations

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had years when I didn't find that many coins- simply phenomenal! The FE may be the nicest I've ever seen found- spectacular- Congrats!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice spill.... I'd be thrilled to find those... congratulations 👍

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice spill and recoveries, very kind soil. (Just wish all the soils were well drained sugar sandy loam)
The richness of the recoveries are great.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are best looking coins I've seen come out of the ground - Wow wish I had that soil where I am. Nice Finds and what a great spot.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, those are in great shape. serious nice haul, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions