What's new

150 1oz silver coins 3-4ft deep

I understand the whole roll of quarters trick/pieces of a chain problem but I still have faith that a wide open CTX with 14" coil will hit this target. Fun to try for sure.
 
Good luck does the person have an idea within say a 10 ft area or how big is the search area ?
 
How "sure" is this person on the reality of something being there ?

I asked them some more, about how big of a search area, and why they are so sure something is there, this is his response. So it sounds like its there with certainty.

I would say 25 feet by 25 feet. And is buried 4 feet deep. I buried it myself alone at night about 7 years ago.
I might even have it down to a 10 x 10 area
I went seven paces from the corner of the pole barn and used one of the line trees as a guide line. Fast forward 7 years and there are 2 other pines trees so not sure which one I used before. So when making 7 paces and off a foot that of course can lead to a few feet off.


 
Won't know unless you try. You should already be out there swinging! Definitely use your 14" coil obviously, and like AARC said... All metal / Pin point mode if you have to
 
If it was me a 25 x 25 area I would have found it by now
 
less than an hour with my loader....
 
I am going out there last week of January, brining my 4ft probe and detectors and going to take a whirl at it. I'll report back!
 
Hope you find it that would be cool
 
Start by looking for some sort of landmark where someone may have buried some valuables. It may shorten your hunt. Good luck.
 
Last I heard there was a dozen backhoes and rumor has it Dynamite was involved, and the only thing left was a gigantic crater, both tnetters were thrown into the Booby Hatch by thier Wives, it wasnt pretty. A Mercury Dime was discovered in the aftermath and she wasnt Happy sources say!!!!! LOL Ive been wondering about this also havent heard a peep....Tommy
 
If you know about where to look, the only detector I know of that could possibly sense something large that deep is a well calibrated ATX at its high settings with no descrimination. People have used it to discover large hoards eve deeper than that.
 
Last I heard there was a dozen backhoes and rumor has it Dynamite was involved, and the only thing left was a gigantic crater, both tnetters were thrown into the Booby Hatch by thier Wives, it wasnt pretty. A Mercury Dime was discovered in the aftermath and she wasnt Happy sources say!!!!! LOL Ive been wondering about this also havent heard a peep....Tommy

maybe they built a house over it...and the cache is getting dug at this moment...;)
 
maybe they built a house over it...and the cache is getting dug at this moment...;)
Or they discovered a Hoard and there on thier way to the Grand Caymon Islands to live out there lives on the beach drinking Margaritas
 
Or they discovered a Hoard and there on thier way to the Grand Caymon Islands to live out there lives on the beach drinking Margaritas

You're not going to live in Grand Cayman very long with only $2700! That might get you a week in a beach-front hotel.
 
I'd borrow or rent a whites TM 808 2 Box detector, I believe it should find the loot for you.
 
Did he forget to mention that his ex wife is holding on to them?
Could explain the depth...
 
I just tested 120 ounces buried 2 feet deep with my Equinox 800 with 15 inch coil, field 1, mild soil and barely hit them. I dont think you will hit 3-4 feet deep.
 
I just tested 120 ounces buried 2 feet deep with my Equinox 800 with 15 inch coil, field 1, mild soil and barely hit them. I dont think you will hit 3-4 feet deep.

coin or bars? loose or contained? type of container?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom