$150 in halves. also box of pennies and box of nickels.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am a newbie and first time posting on here thought I would give it a try. I am trying to learn how to post my pictures it might take me a few times. I picked up $150 in halves this week. I hit 12 40% and on the last roll I hit 1 90% a 57 ben. Today I bought 1 box of pennies and 1 box of nickels. The nickel box I got my first bufflo a 1919 no war nickels though. On my pennies box I got 10 wheaties most of them in the 40's a few in the 50's the oldest was 1913. Like I said I am new and will try to post more in detail. Already feel like I know alot of you because I have been reading on this forum for some time. And sometimes I would like to ask a Few question's. Thanks.

Upvote 0

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Nice job on the halves. Like any good beginner you will likely find a solid roll of silver next week and then be damned to this hobby forever. Just like the rest of us.

Good luck,

OWS

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Welcome, and congrats on a pretty decent score. It sounds like you could have some success in your area based on the results of the small amount you searched.

Good luck.

Mojo

twinsrule

Dec 26, 2009
Nice job on the halves! and the nickels!! and the pennies!!! ;D Thats some great averages you've got started, i hope you keep goin this strong!!

OP
OP
EastKyMiner

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting the the halves at just this one bank. I kept buying about 250 dollars in halves each week hoping nobody would walk in and clean them out before i did. Over the last few months my totals was 83 40% and 3 90%. 2 was bens and one Walking liberty. I guess I bought in total $1250 in halves. The last $150 was all they had. I never have asked them to order a box yet but I am getting ready to hope they will. The teller at the bank said most of the halves came in a bag and they rolled them. She was kind to pick out the ones with old wrappers for me when I first went there. I am going to start posting pictures as soon as I figure this out. Thanks to all.

OP
OP
EastKyMiner

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I said about $250 sometimes it would be $150 or $200. I did not want nobody thinking The wrong thing. also my math is not the best. But I love this spell check. Thanks.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Welcome aboard! You did well with those half dollars. Hope you find more.
All the best
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions