Rick (Nova Scotia) Silver Member Joined May 8, 2008 Messages 4,107 Reaction score 2,717 Golden Thread 3 🥇 Banner finds 3 Detector(s) used Omega, F75, AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 7, 2012 #1 I did not find this it belongs to a friend, just wondering if anyone on this forum knows what this coin is for sure. I'm guessing Austrian because of the "bird" on the reverse, but only have books back to 1700, so admit don't know. Thanks. Rick
I did not find this it belongs to a friend, just wondering if anyone on this forum knows what this coin is for sure. I'm guessing Austrian because of the "bird" on the reverse, but only have books back to 1700, so admit don't know. Thanks. Rick
C cbash83 Tenderfoot Joined Jun 6, 2012 Messages 8 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Missouri Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter IV (I know, I'm an amatuer ;) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 7, 2012 #2 I believe this is from Poland. The monarch on the front is Stephan Bathori 1576-1586. Here is a link to one similar Saurmasche Illustration Number 2928 Upvote 0
I believe this is from Poland. The monarch on the front is Stephan Bathori 1576-1586. Here is a link to one similar Saurmasche Illustration Number 2928
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 26,002 Reaction score 28,658 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks Jun 7, 2012 #3 Litauen (Lithuania) Stephan 1575-86 3 gröscher [SIZE=-1](20 mm)[/SIZE], 1585 Like this:Saurmasche Illustration Number 2929 Don..... Last edited: Jun 7, 2012 Upvote 0
Litauen (Lithuania) Stephan 1575-86 3 gröscher [SIZE=-1](20 mm)[/SIZE], 1585 Like this:Saurmasche Illustration Number 2929 Don.....
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 26,002 Reaction score 28,658 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks Jun 7, 2012 #4 cbash, Nice catch, I agree--and Welcome to Treasure Net !! Upvote 0
Rick (Nova Scotia) Silver Member Joined May 8, 2008 Messages 4,107 Reaction score 2,717 Golden Thread 3 🥇 Banner finds 3 Detector(s) used Omega, F75, AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 8, 2012 Thread Owner #5 Hey THANKS Cbash, and Mackaydon, I'll pass that info on. I never mentioned it before, Macky, but I will say now, you always impressed me as a knowledgeable guy. PS I know BS when I see it. Rick Upvote 0
Hey THANKS Cbash, and Mackaydon, I'll pass that info on. I never mentioned it before, Macky, but I will say now, you always impressed me as a knowledgeable guy. PS I know BS when I see it. Rick
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 26,002 Reaction score 28,658 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks Jun 8, 2012 #6 Rick, Thanks for the kind words. Does your friend have other coins this board may be helpful in ID-ing? All the best, Don..... Upvote 0
Rick, Thanks for the kind words. Does your friend have other coins this board may be helpful in ID-ing? All the best, Don.....
sagittarius98 Gold Member Joined Jan 16, 2012 Messages 5,942 Reaction score 753 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used White's Coinmaster Primary Interest: Other Jul 9, 2012 #7 Just to add on, it is from the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Upvote 0