diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Fla. — Officials in the Florida Everglades have captured and killed a 16-foot-long Burmese python that had just eaten an adult deer.

Scott Hardin, exotic species coordinator for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, says workers found the snake on Thursday. The reptile was one of the largest ever found in South Florida.

Hardin says the python had recently consumed a 76-pound female deer that had died. He says it was an important capture to help stop the spread of pythons further north.

Giant%20Python_Higg.jpg
Oct. 27, 2011: the South Florida Water Management District, workers are shown holding a nearly 16-foot long Burmese Python that was captured and killed in Everglades National Park, Florida.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/2...rida-everglades-had-eaten-deer/#ixzz1cDBpKeJr

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a couple pairs of Python boots,hats,belts,pants,and a vest or two in your future. :laughing7:

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
sure you can dress fine dont forget about eating well,the deer meat has been marinating in blanch,,semi salted cane runoff ,with a touch of red tide marinade with a bp after taste yum.....

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Produce Guy said:
I see a couple pairs of Python boots,hats,belts,pants,and a vest or two in your future. :laughing7:
I prefer gator :laughing7:

KEYSHUNTER said:
sure you can dress fine dont forget about eating well,the deer meat has been marinating in blanch,,semi salted cane runoff ,with a touch of red tide marinade with a bp after taste yum.....
I couldn't have said it better myself, but you forgot the python nuggets, breaded and deep fried.

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texastee,

I think, I am your friend, by what you wrotte. We are not enemies, I will walk backwards and leave the way I came .:notworthy:.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
Pala Y Pico said:
diggummup said:
texastee2007 said:
Border guards.
We would need very large anacondas in the Rio Grande for that. Although crocodiles would work too.

I stumbled into this topic because I was bored with my favorite.

Border guards, Anacondas and Rio grande?

I crossed the Rio Grande in 1966. I singed up for the draft. My sisters son showed me pictures of tank war in Desert Storm during the bush administration(he was taking pictures as they blew up the Iraqi tanks).

I have another sister, her son Jeremiah, kicked ass in ....... Granada? where the Cubans were at the time.

He has never been the same. He lives in the streets. He will not join the human race after his experience in Granada.

I may have Miss understood you..... I am an American. Being rubbed.... a little bit wrong.

Why do I still feel I have to watch my back... so, be it.
if you crossed to get here illegally then its wrong no matter what you do afterwards to make it better for yourself. Thats just an excuse. As for all these other Mexicans coming here illegally to work the fields, do it the right way or not at all.
I may have misunderstood you....I am a legal American being rubbed....a little bit wrong

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pala Y Pico said:
I stumbled into this topic because I was bored with my favorite.

Border guards, Anacondas and Rio grande?

I crossed the Rio Grande in 1966. I singed up for the draft. My sisters son showed me pictures of tank war in Desert Storm during the bush administration(he was taking pictures as they blew up the Iraqi tanks).

I have another sister, her son Jeremiah, kicked ass in ....... Granada? where the Cubans were at the time.

He has never been the same. He lives in the streets. He will not join the human race after his experience in Granada.

I may have Miss understood you..... I am an American. Being rubbed.... a little bit wrong.

Why do I still feel I have to watch my back... so, be it.
This post is about giant pythons in the Everglades. Someone made a joke about border guards, I added to it in jest. I'm sorry if that offends you. I applaud your (and your family members) service to this country. As a Vietnam Vet I would expect your skin to be a little thicker. I'd be interested to know how you signed up for the draft as an illegal alien, if you did "cross the Rio Grande", as you put it? Did the U.S.Gov. overlook your illegal status during a time of war because it needed all the bodies it could get for the war effort? Or perhaps you immigrated here legally after all? Whatever the case may be, it seems you have assimilated well, as should be expected from anyone wanting to take up permanent residence in this country.
The massive drug trade between the two countries was nothing then, in comparison to what it is today either. Which I believe, combined with the Patriot act and a resonating fear of terrorists sneaking across the border, is a major reason the laws are what they are today. Different time, different world... if you were to enter the country now the way you claimed to have entered it then, you would be sent back if you got caught. Plain and simple. There are right ways and wrong ways to gain entry.

Giant anacondas and crocodiles would save the government massive amounts of money on Border Patrol expenses. But then... they would probably end up eating each other so, maybe that's not such a good idea after all! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

All BS aside, I think the average Mexican is a hardworking, honest, and proud person that just wants to make a better life for themself and/or their family, which I personally have no problem with.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
for all those that read this ,stumbling into a 16 foot python is no fun,sure if it is done trolling......but now is the time the everglages needs a watch ,it is being overtaken by species that are not native to it..and its way out of state control,, from what i heard these snakes killed off the population of bigfoots,apes ,and ???? border control does not seem like a bad idea...

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
just to say border down here is port authority by sea...alot of reptiles as pets get freedom .the ringed tail lizard seems to have eated all the local lizards...it showed up about 4 tears ago,years ago....

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm overun by iguanas in my yard. I saw a huge 5 footer last week. Every now and then I hear them running across the roof. I guess they like the mango and star fruit trees in the back yard. I have noticed alot of those curly tails ( is that what you mean by "ring tail"?) lately and not so many anoles. I've spotted several species of lizards and two species of snakes in my yard, plus a huge raccoon that got hit by a car and killed couple weeks ago. Not to mention the fruit rats when the trees are ripe. And I live in a heavily populated area with a yard that's barely 7000 sq ft..

PS- The last Burmese I hooked up on made a run through the brush and broke off, and I was using a Penn 80TW, trolling a piece of manatee belly strip. I'll get him next time! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread