161-Coin Day + Sterling Ring + Giveaway Winner Identified

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I survived 8 hours of metal detecting which was spent at 3 local city parks and one school in the Long Beach California area. (I need to get the T-Shirt). 161 coins were amassed during that period and a nice heavy .925 sterling ring was also found but was claimed by Queen M-Squared. I was informed that I was to pay her homage for me being in her presence (Oh, Brother!) :P

A winner of the $1 Silver certificate has been identified and the announcement has been made in the Discussions Board post. Check it out for additional information if you'd like. 95 forumites participated. You guys are awesome! :o

HH from MM

Here are the pics:

Attachments

• Jun2007 076 (Large).jpg
    Jun2007 076 (Large).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 538
  • Jun2007 076 (Large).jpg
    Jun2007 076 (Large).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 544
  • Jun2007 078 (Large).jpg
    Jun2007 078 (Large).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 534
  • Jun2007 080 (Large).jpg
    Jun2007 080 (Large).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I get the secret to finding rings. You dig all the coin hits you can and one of 100 or so is a silver ring? Am I right?

Nice Haul, WTG !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Sweet ring M2!! Thanks for having the contest. That was fun and congrats on the great coin total. You did well!!! What was you $ total?

Smiles!
BDoo

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
I think I get the secret to finding rings. You dig all the coin hits you can and one of 100 or so is a silver ring? Am I right?

Nice Haul, WTG !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

On the dfx the silver rings I find have all shown up like a dime...vdi on dfx 80-81 area.... so on your mxt watch the dime hits~!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
MM I am sure it was a tough but fun hunt for you! I am sure if you put in another long day like that with right spot you can join us in the 200 coin club! ;)

OP
OP
M-Squared

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks DFX-Gregg for responding to my post...

My eagle spectrum screamed at me (vdi 90-91 half) when my coil brushed up against the ring. I immediately knew that I had something out of the ordinary to dig at 2" depth.

I will re-think my strategy on a 200 coin day milestone. Instead of trashy parks that have been hit hard over the years, I'll look for an out of the way school that might have been missed by the local hobbyists. I found one in several years back when I hit 121 coins in 3H. There were no signs of plugs or digging. We'll see..

HH from MM

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoa! Now it's time to take your Advil and nice hot bath to soak your bones ;D

Nice going, that's alot o' coin!

Nat

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
MM,

Your contest was fun..............even if I didn't win...... :'(

But, I think you should now consider another contest...untilizing that other Silver Certif that you mentioned. I still say you can do better. Notice, I said "you"....I'm lucky if I even hit 50...ha/ha So, think up another contest....I'm ready with another guesstimate.
--Mel

borninok

OP
OP
M-Squared

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
borninok said:
MM,

Your contest was fun..............even if I didn't win...... :'(

But, I think you should now consider another contest...untilizing that other Silver Certif that you mentioned. I still say you can do better. Notice, I said "you"....I'm lucky if I even hit 50...ha/ha So, think up another contest....I'm ready with another guesstimate.
--Mel

borninok

Thanks borninok. I'm glad that you had a chance to participate. Gotta find something else to offer up before my next giveaway challenge. My body also has to take time to heal. It was a great work out. Slept like a baby Sunday night. Especially after two pints of amber. ZZZZzzzz!

I almost didn't want to go into work the next day but then the work would just pile up and I the only holes that I want to dig into are treasure holes. Hahah!! Have a good one!

HH from MM

OP
OP
M-Squared

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Natman said:
Whoa! Now it's time to take your Advil and nice hot bath to soak your bones ;D

Nice going, that's alot o' coin!

Nat

Thanks Natman...

I took Advil x 2 and soaked my bones that night. Funny thing is that my headache didn't go away and it is now Tues and my bones are still aching! But it was worth the effort. Hit a milestone and generated plenty of interest. Hope to do another next month.

HH from MM

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only guessed 52! "Oh yee of little faith"! Great outing! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread