What's new

17/18 Buff?

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Does anyone see a 7 under the 8 on this acid restored nickel?
 

Attachments

  • 18 Buff jpg.webp
    18 Buff jpg.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 275
  • 18 Buff 2.webp
    18 Buff 2.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0
I dont see it :dontknow: I have Cherrypickers in front of me with a pretty good photo of the real deal. The insides of the "8" would be more of a half moon from where the "7" comes down through.

Hope this helps.......
VPR
 
It does help. The bottom of the 8 looked out of round so I thought I'd ask.

Appreciate the comment.
 
While I don't see it either, that overdate error occurred on the 1918 "D" minted coins. Is yours from Denver ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom