17 Tons of gold in New Mexico

Model T one of my biggest regrets was not getting to meet Ed Foster in person, I did speak to him at the end of the 80s start of the 90s. I kind of lost interest in the story for a while and then took up where I left off in 2005. Sadly by then Ed had passed and I could kick myself. I did try to look up his partner Stan but I found out he had passed too.

:coffee2: Gary

ED said he saved ( prolonged ) Stans life by getting him out from behind the desk and into treasure hunting. Model T

Gary, We can't prove Leon Trabuco did exist. There are other things we can't prove. Like just where the gold came from. We have some good research on who may have brought the gold to...well where it was buried at.
But, we can't prove just who the person, or person's were.

And there are those that will debate us all day long. That the gold never left Mexico.
I have a friend in Mexico, that "knows" the gold is buried just outside of Parral Mexico.

You can find evidence that the gold never left Mexico by reading Title: Boqueron: diario de campana
Author: Alberto T. Taborga
Publication: La Paz : Editorial Canata

Clayton

LOL Clayton I'm, having a de je vous moment, I thought we established that you CAN prove someone existed, but you can not prove they did'nt :stop: :thumbsup:

Clayton, JW's partner said a lot of people would not recognize treasure if it was right in front of them; Sometimes hollow plant material was used as a cast, because of the copper,silver the cast would appear green or black. At least thats what he told me. Any comments? Hope I'm not straying too far off this thread. Model T

There was a plane flying over the area between my site and one of the other TreasureNet members site
recently. Doing an aerial survey. They may have been using infrared photography " False Color "
in their search for what ever it is they are looking for.
If so, they should see some old trails, and such. But it's not likely they will "see" the site area where
this gold was buried. In order for false color to work, the site area would have to have been compacted
by a lot of "traffic" for it to register on the film.
And, that's not the case with, at least my area.
And, yes I do know who it is. But, I won't comment on that.

Clayton

Are you sure its' aerial infra-red? Positive its' not a type of aerial GPR? I know someone who has access to such a plane, but does not post here.

Clayton, you said you know who it is. Is he from Ceres, Ca?

Best-Mike

This is Model Ts picture.

Nice picture Model T

Attachments

• plane on rock.JPG
    plane on rock.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 776
Its interesting to note the shape of the wings, seems a pretty well detailed picture, by that I mean it does not look rushed.
Without being able to see the nose properly "thanks to KENNETH" its hard to tell if there was a 3rd engine.
Also its hard to tell if the picture was meant to represent a plane viewed from the ground flying over head, because there does appear to be a cockpit in the picture.

Look at these planes the top one is the Tri Motor

Attachments

• Trimotor1.jpg
    Trimotor1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 683
  • 0df50430.JPG
    0df50430.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 701
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 703
Bill, Harry or Bud ?, always been intrigued by that little puzzle.

Never did find one shread of evidence of the existance of Bill, however the other two were real people with possibilities. Harry was always my number 1 suspect until I heard the eye witness account of Bud at the 1950s site. Both were based in California, just as all the "real" players in the story were. Both were present in California in the early 30s and both owned their own aircraft and business's. Although its impossible to exclude either or both of taking part there are a few problems with both.
Bud playing a part in the 30s is a little shaky with the 440 stearman not really being up to the job (given the range and capacity) but that being said, an eye witness account places him at the 1950s site.
I have a fair few photos and some history of Harry, and certainly his ford makes for a better 1930s culprit.
But I have wondered since learning of Buds 50s involvement, why would the group have involved an extra pilot ?, after all why bring another person into the circle when they already had a trustworthy pilot on the books so to speak. :icon_scratch:

Peerless, Thanks for offering and posting the picture. The round grey spots are bullet impacts that were not there when Ed Foster showed it to me. The location is west of Farmington. This photo was taken several years later. What plane does this represent? Model T

Model T said:
Peerless, Thanks for offering and posting the picture. The round grey spots are bullet impacts that were not there when Ed Foster showed it to me. The location is west of Farmington. This photo was taken several years later. What plane does this represent? Model T

Thats a tough question Model T, best I can say is that if the picture was genuinely made in 1933 and it was to do with the 17 tons. Then it would most likely be a Tri Motor, if Harry was the pilot.
I have doubts as to wether or not any of the glyphs are genuine 17 tons related, but who knows what a bystander may have done had they have seen what was going on.

Do you recall there being a third engine ?

Peerless, to answer your question, do I recall seeing a third engine? When I first read this thread that was my first impression when the Ford Tri-Motor was mentioned. Now, I would be unable to testify to that. Perhaps it was the power of suggestion, strange how the mind works. Now that the plane was used for target practice the mystery continues. At that time the number of engines were not the subject. Model T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back