17 Tons of gold in New Mexico

That pictograph sure wasn't in the Mysteries TV program featuring Ed and the Trabuco gold. I knew he didn't have all his cards on the table. I wonder what else he had up his sleeve? :wink: ;D

Allen

There seems to be an abundance of pictographs in the area. Ed Fosters is mentioned on the treasurehunters university site

Attachments

• ef.JPG
    ef.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 326
Model T said:
Interesting information. Ed Foster personally took me to a site that had a rock pecking of a three-engine plane. According to his research it had been there a very long time from locals who knew of it. I have a photo of it on my desk. According to Ed people at that time drew a picture of what they had seen and an airplane would have been quite a sight at that time. Model T

Model T,

The Spanish Treasure Symbol you were asking for information about in 2006.
Did that work out for you?

Hey ModelT,

Was this the engraving you saw?

Best-Mike

Attachments

• ShiprockNM1a.jpg
    ShiprockNM1a.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 413
Somehow I doubt that.

I think the plane is the reason for the dates being there.

Best-Mike

Thanks for the welcome, always enjoy post from dedicated contributers that help sort out the facts. This one has a lot of intrique to say the least. The plane in the rock pic photo I have is entirely different than the one previously posted. It appears as a plane straight overhead when you look up. Ed felt it was made by a sheepherder or someone totally unrelated to the gold shipment that simply made a picture on rock of something he had seen. I'll post the pic when I get a new scanner.( sorry ) Model T

Another tidbit I'll share with you; I was informed that Trabuco came back several times to the area and hired a pilot to fly him to two landmark locations that would form a triangle from the place they left and returned to. He could tell from the air that the gold was still in place and undisturbed from a thousand feet in the air. What does that tell you? I wonder if rocks and explosives were part of the formula. Some very unique rock formations in the area. Solid rock sitting high atop a soil base. Tunnel in, blow it up. Fly over and check it out. The spanish felt it was a good method to secure their treasure. Model T

gollum said:
Somehow I doubt that.

I think the plane is the reason for the dates being there.

Best-Mike

Mike, The dates say 1937, what makes you think the pictograph is genuine ?

Clayton, I agree with you I'm not so sure that pictograph is connected to the 17 tons story, if I had to make a call I would say faked or was something altogether different.
Besides with the chalk on it makes it hard to see properly.
I dont feel as if the 1933 date is even present on the pictograph, I believe its 1937 and appears twice. Since all the tri-motor claims center around 1933 the dates make no sense.

:coffee2: Gary

Hey Model T welcome, I look forward to seeing the picture. Great to have someone here who worked with Ed Foster. Are you seeking the 17 tons yourself ?

Peerless67 said:
I dont feel as if the 1933 date is even present on the pictograph, I believe its 1937 and appears twice. Since all the tri-motor claims center around 1933 the dates make no sense.

I enlarged the image and I'd say that it is pretty clear that it is 1933. The 7 in 1937 and the last figure in 1933 are very different. You just can't make the 3 into a 7 in the image.

Just speculating.... Perhaps Trabuco made the drawing of the plane and the date when he was first there in 1933. Then, one of the times that he came back to check up on the stash he scratched in 1937. ???

A photo without chalk would be indispensable and with a flash. Also, two photos taken about 2 inches apart, side-by-side, could be used as a sterio pair which would give an exaggerated 3D image causing the markings to really stand out.

Allen

ARB is right, the bottom date is definitely MAY 11, 1933. If you are just going by the appearance of the pictograph, then the aircraft in question would be a glider. I don't know if the maker had anything to do with the gold or not, but there is a map carved into the same rock (sorry, but I won't share that pic).

Best-Mike

ARB, sorry I do not have a "sterio pair". I do however have the original photo of the pictograph sent to me by the guy who took it. I still believe it is fake or at least nothing to do with the 17 tons story, Of course you are free to associate any date you like.

Mike, no problem with the map, I hope it leads somewhere :wink:

Here is the picture of the pictograph before it was chalked.

:coffee2: Gary

Attachments

• gg.JPG
    gg.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 888
gollum said:
then the aircraft in question would be a glider.
I don't know of many gliders that have a mono wing above the the body. It looks like a powered plane, but without the propeller. When a plane is flying, the propeller is basically invisible. What kind of plane from the 1930s had a high wing? Not a by-wing Stearman. A Cessna? A Ford Tri-Motor? But a Tri-Motor has engine pods which don't show up on the drawing.

But then, may be it's fake......

Allen

Allen, Interesting you mentioned engine pods on the Ford trimotor, the rock pic Ed took me to clearly indicates an engine pod under each wing. Will post soon as I can fine a scanner. Model T

One is 1937 and the other is 1933. I also don't see anything that could realistically be a prop.

Best-Mike

Attachments

• 33-37.jpg
    33-37.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 927
Whoever chalked in the numbers faked them....

The dates were made at different times. They are done by different instruments.

And they are done by the same hand.

Allen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back