What's new

1700's spur and some buttons

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got back to the site Todd Hiltz and myself went to the other day.This time we dragged Danny LaMontagne with us.Dan did well with 3 coins & a nice buckle,Todd got some buttons and I nabbed a few buttons,a escutcheon plate ,a debased KGII rang at 52 VDI and where I knicked it on edge I see yellow rather rhan orange, a cool 1700's childs colonial brass figure 8 spur,a designed tombac and a pair of hand forged iron eyelets
 

Attachments

  • P7260654.webp
    P7260654.webp
    342.1 KB · Views: 133
  • P7260656.webp
    P7260656.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
  • P7260653.webp
    P7260653.webp
    881.6 KB · Views: 127
  • P7270659.webp
    P7270659.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 123
  • P7250647.webp
    P7250647.webp
    730.5 KB · Views: 114
  • P7250646.webp
    P7250646.webp
    760.8 KB · Views: 119
  • P7250648.webp
    P7250648.webp
    707.2 KB · Views: 122
  • P7240639.webp
    P7240639.webp
    775.7 KB · Views: 126
  • P7240640.webp
    P7240640.webp
    779.3 KB · Views: 119
  • P7240642.webp
    P7240642.webp
    647.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 48
That's a nice relic hunt. Love the spur!![emoji106]

HH RN
 
Hi HMN; There is something about that button that makes me think it is no ordinary button. I'm doing some research now. I believe it is squarely Rev War Period. I'm thinking the Bar Button Series if not the GWI Button Series. Guys; Jump in here please. There is something going on with that button for the better. i await. PEACE:RONB
 
Hmmm... That spur...

Something about that spur.

Well done.
 
Magnificent as usual .:occasion14:
 
Hi HMN; There is something about that button that makes me think it is no ordinary button. I'm doing some research now. I believe it is squarely Rev War Period. I'm thinking the Bar Button Series if not the GWI Button Series. Guys; Jump in here please. There is something going on with that button for the better. i await. PEACE:RONB
It's just a 1700's designed Tombac button
 
Very nice relic hunt! congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Hi HMN; I'm truly not so sure about that. I've seen that very button before. I'm trying to pin it down. Where is Iron Patch & CRUSADER ?? I'm not done with this one. There "IS" something about it that is ringing my bell. I "WILL" track it down. The Bars were the Symbol of the Foundation & Celebration of a New Nation. I believe it is one of those buttons. I don't get fired up for no reason ok. I'll let you know. In the meantime -- GUYS ??? PEACE:RONB :icon_scratch:

PS; I just Pm'd Iron Patch about it ok. This one has got me going for sure. !!
 
Last edited:
Great finds bud. I like that shot of the slate steps with the foundation and your buddy in the background.

Nice counter-KG2 and that tombac is a stunner. It looks like an ordinary dandy tombac to me, but then again I don't know enough to really say.
 
I'm thinking regular tombac as well but I'm not the expert either so I can't call it. I seem to find those escutcheon plates a lot. Nice finds and the site pics are great. Congrats!
 
Hi HMN; I'm truly not so sure about that. I've seen that very button before. I'm trying to pin it down. Where is Iron Patch & CRUSADER ?? I'm not done with this one. There "IS" something about it that is ringing my bell. I "WILL" track it down. The Bars were the Symbol of the Foundation & Celebration of a New Nation. I believe it is one of those buttons. I don't get fired up for no reason ok. I'll let you know. In the meantime -- GUYS ??? PEACE:RONB :icon_scratch:

PS; I just Pm'd Iron Patch about it ok. This one has got me going for sure. !!
I hope you may be right but maybe you are thinking of this rattlesnake button which has a similar center?
George Washington Inaugural Buttons ? 1777 ? 1783Rattlesnake Buttonsand Later DateAmerican Patriot Buttons
 
Some real nice finds for sure, the button is real cool. Love them when they have something on them, Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Very impressive sir. Here's hoping you find much more at that spot.
 
Wayda keep at it Dave! Love the spur and that cool looking dandy. Keep pounding it man ....
 
Outstanding finds, love them. You have a great looking site, congrats.
 
Hi HMN; I have tried to pin it down with no luck EXCEPT that here is a possiblity of what I'm thinking. This info & thought comes from your Links Page. I now believe your button was designed by a Civilian for use as a Propaganda Statement, just like the Masonic Lodge RattleSnake Style Button, in support of the Masonic Lodge Ideaologies themselves.
That instead of using the RattleSnake Design they used the Bar Design on the Button as a Symbol of the Foundation & Celebration of the New Nation in defiance of the British Empire. That at the time there were many different Clubs throughout the Colonies that used the same tactics and Ideaologies as the Masonic Lodges. I believe yours is one of those Clubs Buttons with the Bar Design. What say ye Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom