CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi T Net diggers , :skullflag: Tue mourning .. Fields are opening up in SJ after a long hot summer . New location near the Old Kings Highway , been awhile so I'm fired up..:tongue3: grabbed the CZ , juiced it up with some fresh Duracells , drove out to a new field that I had a chance to get permission for searching . After a bit of rambling I found a few goodies to share with you all . It feels good to be " back in business " after being slammed with obligations and a recent eye surgery . Great conditions , , NO ticks , poison ivy , chiggers , bow hunters and Best of All NO hassle from lives everyday pressures :BangHead:

8-) just a much needed , relaxing , peaceful day . Almost escaped my mind :laughing7: sugar sand near the coastal areas of NJ ..;) shhhhh don't tell nobody ,,,,The Best soil conditions for most lost 200 + year old relics and coins . :sunny:

Found >> a pinfire cartaige from the early 1800's Thanks for the id kugar , piece of ornate shoe buckle , 1807 KG III ship penny from the Bahama Island , first one I ever dug , actually the first one I ever saw . Holed but that baby got me psyched for the next hit .. A cool looking relic that I think is wild .. it's not a Griffin but has an English look about it .. :icon_scratch: made of brass . Engraved rosette but it still needs some more cleaning to get the detail , still wonderful condition as well as the coin . Any way , it seems like this site holds more and I hope to get back on here with some more Early US finds .

Thanks for taking a look . HH Mike

:skullflag: CMDdawg Buckle rev..JPGFall 2012  # 01.JPGFall 2.JPGFall #1.JPG1807 KG III.JPG1807 KG III rev..JPGFall 2012 016.JPGFall 2012 before cleanup.JPGFall 2012 truck shot.JPGfall 2012  ship on rev.JPGkings_highway.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 8
Hey dawg nice digs I love the lion ! I am a relic man though ! I have never seen one of the George III ship half pennys posted on here either . A nice addition to your vast copper collection Keep up the good finds and have fun out there . Your friend M.R.

The lion thing is cool as are the rest of your finds. I here ya with the fields, they are opening up... So let's get it on...LOL

Very nice hunt...love the variety of items. Glad your back out hunting and can't wait to see what you find next...good luck.

NJ

Outrageous ! that lion absolutely rules !!! That is one of the coolest finds I've seen in a while !!! Argentium.

Your lion looking thing is a (Foo dog). HH
Broken Knee
my family does'nt know this yet , but i like this lion thing so much I'm going to figure out a way to attach it to something in the house .. maybe to the refrigerator :laughing7: or somewhere in the bathroom , somewhere on my truck .. any ideas are welcome . Broken knee perhaps your correct ! googled foo dog interesting lion that has been guarding Budda for a long time :dog: Thanks man ,
Good luck to you out on THE Kings HIGHWAY >>> NJ THer ,

yo 70 Monte .. game on moe , :cool::cool::clock:;D;D

MR i am glad we are friends , going back quite awhile , Best to ya brother THanks to ALL <<< DAWG >>>>>.
Foo Dogs are Ancient Guardians by Char4U.com
pixel_trans.gif
If you have ever walked in to a Buddhist temple or Chinese imperial palace, you probably noticed two menacing statues standing near the doorway, guarding the entrance. These statues are known as foo dogs or guardian lions and their imagery is extremely common within Chinese historical architecture.

Foo dogs take their name from the Chinese word for ‘Buddha’, which is fo, and they are also commonly known as the “lions of fo”. Lions of Fo always come in pairs, often depicting the male lion playing with a ball or globe and the female lion holding a cub in her paw.

Since lions were not native to China, Chinese sculptors originally modeled the lion statues after local dogs, such as the Chow Chow, which has a bushy coat that gives it a lion-like appearance. Together with other closely related Chinese dog breeds, the Chow Chow belongs to a group of dogs known as “foo dogs”. So, the Lions of Fo statues were also referred to as ‘foo dogs’.

Guardian lions are typically cast out of bronze or metal or carved from stone. They are placed at the entrances to important buildings to guard the doorways and keep out evil spirits and enemies. Some incarnations of the guardian lion are much more menacing, fierce images, while others appear more like a growling dog with a longer, thinner snout.

Foo dogs are also usually depicted as wearing one or several types of ornamentation. These can include ornate collars, hanging tassels or armor on the limbs and body of the lion. Additionally, sometimes guardian lion statues are shown with open mouths, inside of which is one single pearl.

Lions of Fo are still a very popular form of decoration. Smaller, cheaper forms of the statues are now sold for use as décor in or near the home, as many Chinese still believe in the power of the lions’ fierce appearance to keep evil away. Most historical Chinese buildings and temples also still boast the original guardian near their entrances, usually with the male lion on the right and the female on the left.

:dontknow:
male lion playing with a ball or globe and the female lion holding a cub in her paw.
:laughing9: could be the male

Thanks Westfront , my friend 8-)

:skullflag: Hey Argentium .. this bad boy was a dig that makes you laugh when found ,, hope your doing Welll man ..

Last edited:
Great finds! Some nice old relics, and sweet Coin!!!

Good day of hunting on the Kings Highway. Your starting your season with a roar, I like the beasty. Arty

That is one cool cat!

Steve

Great finds from your end of Kings Hwy. I can't wait until next week so I can start to get back to the woods at my end!

Two suggestions: Hang a little sign from his up held paw saying 'Go away!' then place my the front door or some sort of toilet paper holder. Thats all I got...

Hey Mike...time to put the foo dog on the front door to keep Hurricane Sandy , aka "Frankenstorm" away. Stay safe and get the generator ready just in case!

very nice Lion ...congrats !:icon_thumleft:

Sandy.jpg
Hey Mike...time to put the foo dog on the front door to keep Hurricane Sandy , aka "Frankenstorm" away. Stay safe and get the generator ready just in case!
Hey stevepeach . where ya been .. sitting under a palm tree :laughing7: it's going to tear up the place .. as of this mourning , this was Sandi's course .. heading directly to the Cape .. c'mon down and Enjoy the Jersey shore ,, what will be left of it :rolleyes:

Some of my best finds came from Kings Highway! Neat finds!
[h=2][/h]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back