1715 Fleet Hand Grenade Fuse...

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought I would mention that I have a completely intact, solid, and 100% authentic 1715 Fleet Hand Grenade Wooden Fuse I have seen many 1715 Fleet Hand Grenades available on the market over the years (typically sold between $500-$700), but most of them had the modern replica wooden fuses accompanying them and not the real deal.

I had a fleet hand grenade that was not worth conserving but was able to save this fuse from it... it is really cool as you can see the rust on the top portion from where the fuse set inside the powder hole of the iron grenade and the base of the fuse is blackened from being in contact with the black powder inside.

Attachments

• HGF.jpg
    HGF.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is sure something you don't see often!
Do you have a photo of the find?
Being such a rare find you must right? I'd have an entire photo gallery of the lump of rust with an intact wooden plug that the fuse went through.
I've never personally seen one intact.
I would have completely miss ID'ed that as the tip to a flag mast from inside the cap.
I love learning new things.
Look how similar that is.

ForumRunner_20131118_152715.png

ForumRunner_20131118_153020.png

ForumRunner_20131118_153625.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing as how you are so super knowledgeable GatorBoy,

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's that supposed to mean?
I was hoping to see photos because I would love to see them.
I don't think that required a passive aggressive stab.
Good luck selling your stuff have a nice day.
I take it you don't have any photos.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing as how you are so super knowledgeable on everything shipwreck and whats authentic and whats not GatorBoy, one would think you would know the difference between what you posted and what I posted... May you should stop trying to be obnoxious and discredit other people's artifacts and perhaps you really would learn something new... And no I didn't take any photos of the pile of the crumbled rusted out hand grenade... Why would I when I have numerous completely conserved ones... If you like taking photos of rust, have at it... I have bigger and better things to do than try to prove myself to the likes of you! If you have nothing positive to say, then stay off of my posts...

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing as how you are so super knowledgeable on everything shipwreck and whats authentic and whats not GatorBoy, one would think you would know the difference between what you posted and what I posted... May you should stop trying to be obnoxious and discredit other people's artifacts and perhaps you really would learn something new... And no I didn't take any photos of the pile of the crumbled rusted out hand grenade... Why would I when I have numerous completely conserved ones... If you like taking photos of rust, have at it... I have bigger and better things to do than try to prove myself to the likes of you! If you have nothing positive to say, then stay off of my posts...

OK then.. your post belongs to treasurenet by the way.
Can't recall ever trying to discredit other peoples finds in this forum..
Can you give an example?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't said anything wrong here... And have already spoken to Moderators... no need to say more.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they will probably see that a non charter member is using the form to sell items as well as whatever I did wrong here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they will probably see that a non charter member is using the form to sell items as well as whatever I did wrong here.

Gator back off, your first reply was out of line to begin with.

last I looked your not a mod here either...

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't take Gator's post that way.... I thought he was sincere in his asking and self-deprecation
but that's just me and hence why I use my disclaimer ... misunderstanding Internet text and all...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder only Charter Members can sell here......

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't aware of that rule Treasure Hunter as I am not a heavy TNet user... I apologize...

I just thought that maybe someone on here would really appreciate this artifact and I didn't post any details about price or anything... just asked anyone interested to PM me... But that's fine... At this point, happy to have this post removed with all the bad hoodoo flying back and forth anyway...

Last edited:

huggis

Sep 4, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Aqua pulse - Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't take Gator's post that way.... I thought he was sincere in his asking and self-deprecation but that's just me and hence why I use my disclaimer ... misunderstanding Internet text and all...

Yea I didn't take it that way either Gator's not a bad guy he just likes to see the natural state of the artifact. It looks authentic to me though good find.

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet baby Jesus, can't we all just get along?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions