Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 33 fleet salvage ops produced more salvaged treasure than was listed on manifests. The 1715 fleet was only partially salvaged by the spanish....thats why it has produced so much more for modern salvagers. That being said many a great piece of treasure still sits on the bottom down here. Great finds are made every year down here, you only here about them through the coconut telegraph. Salvaging was cut short down here by the state along time ago. The old dogs missed alot and other areas of interest are being explored now....im amazed at how much was missed by so many down here in the 60s 70s....im also amazed at how much treasure has been found by locals and not documented. Just about every local family down here has stories and artifacts relating to the 33 fleet. Here's a few rumors that are kicking around down here right now.....supposedly.....and I can't confirm this....32 five galleon buckets of silver coins were found by tropical fish divers off keywest. Tried to confirm this with the tropical fish guys I know....no one is saying anything. A sword was found fused to the bedrock and a metal detector was brought in the next day....coin strike was made and recovered. Story 2.....gold coins in keylargo are being brought up by a charter boat cap in islamorada. Unconfirmed but I believe this one for my own reasons. Story number 3....rich guy moors yacht to ball at carysfort reef and recovers 2 gold coins....swims down for first one and retrieves 2. Saw pics of 2 gold 5$ pieces american. Story number 4 is my own....i got a 1732 pillar dollar fused in rusty conglomerate in knee deep water just off the beach where survivors came ashore !! I expect more treasure is here.....just have to explore when the seaweed moves out this fall !! 20200621_090755.jpg
Now imagine how many people have made the random find on the treasure coast. I lived in both places and it always amazes me to here stories and see artifacts recovered by locals who don't say much. I've seen a kings fortune recovered by lobster divers on riomar reef. None of wich the state was ever made aware of. Both fleets hold there treasures for sure still to this day......now i better go look at that pillar dollar spot again !! Woooo hoooo !!

Attachments

• 20200620_174440.jpg
    20200620_174440.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 63

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Bart... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Come on man... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Inshore of a possible wreck site! “fused in rusty conglomerate” be worth surveying the area?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread