1723 KG-I after medical attention, buckle part, propellor from 1st Colonial airplane

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the King is almost as nice as a 1734, 4 over 3, that I got in non- farm land 3 years ago. this is the nicest copper to come from this farm (about 2 dozen). this field gave me an '09 wheat and 2 FE's back in May. the 3 foot ripper has made this a new field --nice & flat after the harvest. FMERG showed after I called him to get his #*@ here---he nailed a marked buckle. again_____ATPro puts a whuppin' on his MINELAB :laughing7::laughing7:. I got a .62 roundball, brass flower design buckle tongue --broken :BangHead: 1" X 1/2", a lump of pewter, a pewter button with brass plating--- it was folded over when found. and , finally____the propeller :laughing7::laughing7: from the 1st ever Colonial airplane--"no eye deer" what it was :dontknow:--- back for more _____________ 1113161549-00.jpg1113161549-01.jpgIMG_4036.JPGIMG_4037.JPGIMG_4038.JPGIMG_4039.JPGIMG_4041.JPGIMG_4040.JPGIMG_4042.JPGIMG_4043.JPG

Upvote 6
Congrats on the Geo ! 1723 got the same one... no offence but I like it much more with the green patina..

add this unique button to the digs, may be low grade silver, not ferrous or aluminum. condition is as dug, not cleaned--IMG_4044.JPGIMG_4045.JPG

Reminds me stylistically of the 18th century silver Tudor rose links or buttons. Not saying that's what it is but the engraving is similar

That coin is very nice, but for me that button is the king. That thing is beautiful and I would expect it's every bit as old as the coin. Great find!

well now, golly, gee Jay----I'm blushing---glad you like the button :laughing7: it will be examined by Neil from Colonial Stamp & Coin for his opinion on the metal, guessing low content silver. today was a 2 hour SKUNK, just some old brass hardware :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:.
That coin is very nice, but for me that button is the king. That thing is beautiful and I would expect it's every bit as old as the coin. Great find!

Cool beans! Nice finds for sure and that KG came out beautiful! Awesome!

Nice colonial digs. That is a silver cufflink you got there. And the 1723 KG I is a beauty too. I think 1723 may be the most frequently found date, I have three of them.

Nice looking finds.

Congratualtions on the nice old finds; love the old copper! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back