1750 fleet ships

creatmosfairy

Aug 29, 2008
Lloyd´s List sources wrote:

-Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe arrived Cadiz 1752/1753 with his treasure

-St Pedro : the treasure were salavged 1750 and were carried on board of the Allerton, captain Wallace to Cadiz. Arrived Cadiz in March 1751

-Nuestra de Soledad: the treasure was save 1750

-Nuestra de los Godos: having thrown part of her cargo overboard

-Galga: people saved

-Carolina packet boat: only 3 man and 1 boy saved

-a Pink: people saved

Only two ships of the convoy:
-the Nuestra Senora de los Godos have coins on board. Today: Currituck/Norfolk
-the El Salvador(El Henrico) have coins on board. Today: Topsail Inlet

The soucres don´t tell nothing about the treasure on board of the 2 ships

Other sources: James A. Lewis: The spanish convoy of 1750-Heaven´s Hammer and International Diplomacy

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1750-fleet-A.jpg

The Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe arrived in Cadiz in 1752/1753 with its treasure after encountering a hurricane. The ship, a 500-ton frigate, was part of a five-ship flotilla sailing to Spain when it ran into a hurricane in mid-August. One ship wrecked on the beach, and three others sank.

1750-fleet-Bsml.jpg

The Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, however, managed to limp into Ocracoke as a result of storm damage. It was carrying a million pieces of eight, a form of Spanish currency at the time.

During the storm, several ships sank or went ashore. The Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe itself went ashore near present-day Ocracoke, North Carolina. Another ship, the Nuestra Señora de Soledad, went ashore near present-day Core Banks, North Carolina. It's also mentioned that the snow El Salvador sank near Cape Lookout.

1750-fleet-C.jpg

Last edited:

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
File was to big to upload so have placed it bottom left of Page, might be of interest.

OP
OP
C

creatmosfairy

Aug 29, 2008
Each shipwreck project have a lot of traps:

When you don´t do the archives reseach 100% absolutly, you can not go to do the next step and surveyed the possible search box.

Example:

the Hanover packet boat from 1763. In the cargo manifest it was clear to see, that only 1 box with 30.000 portugaise moidares gold coins were offical transported from Lisbon to Falmouth. Contrabant/smuggling amount by the crew /passenger were also on board(?)

At April 28., 1765 the box with the gold coins were offical recovered.

What want to find Colin Martin after 7 years of intense research in this wreck? The contrabant gold? He located the wrecksite in 1994 and in 1997 his company recovered the ships bell and some other material from the wreck. No coins(?) See : National Maritimes Museum Cornwall.

John Beck: A History of the Falmouth Post Office Packet Service 1689-1850 published in 2009. He wrote a very good chronicle history to each ship in the service.

Tony Pawlny: The Falmouth Packets 1689-1851 write also interesting facts , his book was published in 2003.

See also the Merchant Royal wreck or any other high profit shipwreck targets:
Do you have small pieces of historian information (from the year of the sinking etc.), each word on the historian paper make it today very difficult to understand what the writer in the past mean or want to tell.

Follow the historian paper trail. Each wreck have a huge paper work after the foundering. And you can find the wreck with the cargo.

Oceanscience

May 23, 2010
Each shipwreck project have a lot of traps:

When you don´t do the archives reseach 100% absolutly, you can not go to do the next step and surveyed the possible search box.

Example:

the Hanover packet boat from 1763. In the cargo manifest it was clear to see, that only 1 box with 30.000 portugaise moidares gold coins were offical transported from Lisbon to Falmouth. Contrabant/smuggling amount by the crew /passenger were also on board(?)

At April 28., 1765 the box with the gold coins were offical recovered.

What want to find Colin Martin after 7 years of intense research in this wreck? The contrabant gold? He located the wrecksite in 1994 and in 1997 his company recovered the ships bell and some other material from the wreck. No coins(?) See : National Maritimes Museum Cornwall.

John Beck: A History of the Falmouth Post Office Packet Service 1689-1850 published in 2009. He wrote a very good chronicle history to each ship in the service.

Tony Pawlny: The Falmouth Packets 1689-1851 write also interesting facts , his book was published in 2003.

See also the Merchant Royal wreck or any other high profit shipwreck targets:
Do you have small pieces of historian information (from the year of the sinking etc.), each word on the historian paper make it today very difficult to understand what the writer in the past mean or want to tell.

Follow the historian paper trail. Each wreck have a huge paper work after the foundering. And you can find the wreck with the cargo.
People dig on historic shipwrecks because of passion. It is something like climbing a mountain. If you have never done it, you do not understand what it feels like.
Treasure hunting is no business; unless you can come up with a new business model.
As I write this, I just realise that my comparison of treasure hunting with mountain climbing might be a hint towards a new business model.
Cimbing Mount Everest or Mount Kilimanjaro have become businesses. Multi million businesses.
Maybe treasure hunters and archaeologists should take that as an example?

Last edited:

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is a good business model with in NESCCOS own compliance guidelines.

The biggest problem is the amount of so-called treasure hunting companies ripping people of, they create nothing more than a fazed around themselves, their company and projects, for people to invest, taking thousands of people have no real understanding of shipwreck exploration. Most investor are caught by well-oiled companies through websites and even Crypto tokens linked to the projects and companies. You hand over money for shares or tokens and once the investing stops the people behind these offering disappear into the woodwork to emerge with a new project or token to pull more money in.

Real investors won’t take the risk, do your due diligence on treasure hunting and the matrix you need to get over, in trying to present your project to professionals who raise funding is impossible to beat.

Over the last five years I have seen millions of Dollars going in the pocket of people who I would say know they don’t have the capability to run a project, they are incapable of finding excavating and returning a profit to their investors, as I believe they know exactly what they are doing, using existing regulation and laws around investment to pull in money from mostly none US citizens.

When asked, I did advise one investment firm not to invest, $7 million in to looking for a WWII gold shipment, research points to no gold being on the ship, the Broker involved ignored that advice, as his commission was gone if he took it, $7 million gone into a professionally constructed scheme were all the money was spent on paper but millions were made by the people who organised the scheme.

People like your self who have real knowledge of history and shipwrecks, have been there and done it, walk the walk, but you ain’t got the talk, the scammers Talk the Talk take your money and are gone before they must walk the walk.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I write this, I just realise that my comparison of treasure hunting with mountain climbing might be a hint towards a new business model.
Ciimbing Mount Everest or Mount Kilimanjaro have become businesses. Multi million businesses.
Maybe treasure hunters and archaeologists should take that as an example?

I believe you nailed the new concept right on. I did a new mountain climbing business model using AI. There were stories of investor money used to find the Lost Dutchman Mine or gold bars in the Superstition Mountains. I can't confirm this for the LDM but no doubt some used gold bar searches to attract investors. Ted DeGrazia was one of the best known of these treasure hunters.

The Artist from Arizona Who Painted Landscapes of the Superstition Mountains​

The artist from Arizona who painted landscapes of the Superstition Mountains and had a US postage stamp made from a painting of his, based on the experiences of searching for the Lost Dutchman mine, is Ted DeGrazia. He was an American impressionist, known for his colorful paintings of the Superstition Mountains and the Sonoran Desert. DeGrazia's artwork often depicted the beauty and mystique of the Arizona landscape, including the iconic Superstition Mountains. His paintings captured the essence of the region and contributed to the cultural significance of the Lost Dutchman mine legend.

Ted DeGrazia's artistic contributions to capturing the essence of the Superstition Mountains and the Lost Dutchman mine experiences have left a lasting impact on the artistic representation of the region.

Ted DeGrazia spent a significant amount of time prospecting for gold in the Superstition Mountains of central Arizona. From the late 1940s to the late 1970s, he was a frequent visitor to the mysterious mountain range, exploring the backcountry on horseback and searching for gold. This demonstrates his deep connection to the region and his dedication to the pursuit of treasure in the Superstition Mountains.

As for investor funding, there is no specific mention of investor funding being involved with Ted DeGrazia's searches for gold or treasure in the Superstition Mountains. It appears that DeGrazia's explorations and prospecting activities were driven by his personal interest and passion for the region, rather than external financial support or investment.

it is reported that Ted DeGrazia protested inheritance taxes on works of art by hauling about 100 of his paintings on horseback into the Superstition Mountains near Phoenix and setting them ablaze in 1976. This event was widely reported and became part of DeGrazia's legend before his passing.
While there is no specific mention of the IRS attempting to collect tax money on Ted DeGrazia's previous artwork collection as inventory, it is clear that DeGrazia took a dramatic and public stand against inheritance taxes on works of art. This action reflects his strong feelings on the matter and suggests that he may have faced challenges related to taxation on his artwork.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When asked, I did advise one investment firm not to invest, $7 million in to looking for a WWII gold shipment, research points to no gold being on the ship, the Broker involved ignored that advice, as his commission was gone if he took it, $7 million gone into a professionally constructed scheme were all the money was spent on paper but millions were made by the people who organised the scheme.

WWII shipwreck full of explosives could send tsunami crashing into London

OP
OP
C

creatmosfairy

Aug 29, 2008
This Colin Martin,
That´s Colin Martin. He starts his career as Maritime Historian and searched for Armada wrecks along the Irish coast, he also published books and articles.

OP
OP
C

creatmosfairy

Aug 29, 2008
I have seen 2 different salvage companies working in 2001 and 2008 and i was there in the research unit for each of this projects. I learned a lot , what´s going right and what´s going wrong at the process, from the start to the end , so many traps and problems. And who can do in the moment, when the mistake is on the desk etc.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently, changes in the Spanish crown, by 1715 and later.

Kings, Queens, and Nobles of Spain up until 1750​

The history of Spain's monarchy is rich and complex, with various kingdoms and dynasties playing significant roles. The dominion of Spain began with the dynastic union of the Catholic Monarchs of Spain, Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile. The regnal numbers follow those of the rulers of Asturias, Leon, and Castile. The following are some key points about the monarchs, queens, and nobles of Spain up until 1750:

Forerunners:

• The following seven lineages were eventually united by the marriage of Ferdinand and Isabella: Kings of the Visigoths, Kings of Asturias, Kings of Navarre, Kings of Leon, Kings of Galicia, Kings of Aragon, and Kings of Castile.
House of Trastámara (1479-1555):
  • The dominion of Spain started with the House of Trastámara, which ruled from 1479 to 1555.
Spanish Habsburgs (1556-1700):
  • Spain was ruled by the Spanish Habsburgs until 1700, at which time the War of the Spanish Succession occurred, leading to the installment of a French Bourbon king, Felipe VI, as the ruler of Spain.
House of Bourbon (1700-Present):
  • After the War of the Spanish Succession, a French Bourbon king, Felipe VI, became the ruler of Spain, marking the beginning of the House of Bourbon's rule, which continues to the present day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread