What's new

1773 Mexico 1 real and 1909 Barber dime

JerseyDigger19

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
566
Reaction score
759
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a really amazing hunt yesterday. We got permission to hunt a turn of the century churchyard and started out by finding some wheats at 5 to 6 inches as well as a 1944 silver quarter. It was tough going though due to heavy electrical interference. 15 minutes later I was searching by the sidewalk when I got a nice sounding high tone at about 4 inches. Carefully dug and was excited to see a nickel - sized silver coin staring back at me. "Wow, that's awful bright for a war nickel" I thought, then looked closer and saw a bust! Charles the 3rd! :headbang: That made my day and my month! I don't know how it got there but I'm sure happy to have it. We spent a few more hours digging and ended the day at a site we had completely hammered... but after a half hour digging square nails a high tone materialized and it was a 1909 Barber dime. One of my most thrilling hunts ever!
 

Attachments

  • 20160917_113602-1.webp
    20160917_113602-1.webp
    525.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20160917_120413-1.webp
    20160917_120413-1.webp
    231 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160917_184544-1.webp
    20160917_184544-1.webp
    135.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 20160917_181335-1.webp
    20160917_181335-1.webp
    489.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20160917_180643.webp
    20160917_180643.webp
    561.8 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 22
Looks like a good hunt to me congrats on the old silver
 
Thanks Casper and Trapperart! Sure was amazing to see that bust of Charles III staring back at me!
 
Nice silver! Congrats, and thanks for sharing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom