What's new

1775 ? Coin

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I haven't posted all Summer, with Landscaping & The Fishing Charter put on hold till next Springtime. I found myself board, called my dad to see if he wanted in on a quick Sunday morning hunt. Not sure how many more outings I'll get out of him, he's now 79 and getting slower every year. He took me up on the offer, and off we went. I had noticed a NEW cut in our local beach that I was itchin to get at before anyone else...... Turned on the machine, and thought that it was on the Beach Jewlry setting.......( WRONG ) and the first hole was a 64 Washington Quarter, Great way to start off for sure with silver, now the preasure was off of me...whew...... Second hole 7 inches deep into the old dark clay sand and out pops this dark green coin...... SWEEEEEET.... Thout at first glance it was a large cent, upon further inspection I am not sure. Please Help....... 1775 ? about the size of a large cent, has a bust on the obverse facing right, on the reverse is the date at the top I think. Has a crown and a sheild..... Any help would be great. I will also post in the watsit catagory too. Come to find out the machine was on RELIC.... I should have known better it wasn't sounding like last season at the end of the year. Different tones...... I guess thats what I get for not knowing the machine as good as I should have. I bought the V this January and hadn't used it very much. Maybe I'll keep it in RELIC mode.... Thanks for the help.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0006 (3).webp
    DSC_0006 (3).webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC_0008 (2).webp
    DSC_0008 (2).webp
    132.7 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC_0006 (3).webp
    DSC_0006 (3).webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC_0008 (2).webp
    DSC_0008 (2).webp
    132.7 KB · Views: 355
Dont know what type of coin but I definately see the 1775.
 
Upvote 0
Hoping that someone can help with this one....
 
Upvote 0
i think it is a 1775 irish half penny
 

Attachments

  • hibernia%20obverse.webp
    hibernia%20obverse.webp
    24 KB · Views: 333
  • irish half penny.webp
    irish half penny.webp
    58 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0
French, and picture might not match exactly because there are three different denominations... Liard, 1/2 Sol and 1 Sol. (Your coin is a 1) There is also many different mint marks.
 

Attachments

  • v08_1699.webp
    v08_1699.webp
    22 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
That sure looks like it to me. Good job IP
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch, Thank You.... You nailed it once again..........Now I can put it away...whew...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom