What's new

1779 King George

rick67

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2014
Messages
1,624
Reaction score
1,736
Golden Thread
0
Location
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After digging 19 old shotgun shell casings and flicking just as many ticks off my pants this morning!. I caught a break with this King George III Half Penny 1799.
 

Attachments

  • 1449369351085.webp
    1449369351085.webp
    125 KB · Views: 187
  • 1449369389723.webp
    1449369389723.webp
    91.2 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 20
Nice old keeper the copper is, congrats. Be careful with the ticks they're just nasty blood suckers they are, still got them up here also.
 
Awesome coin, :headbang: I need one of those so I can eke into the 1700's club. Someday, maybe someday...
 
The title confused me, I thought you had a rare counterfiet for a minute, still looks in better nick than most.
 
The title confused me, I thought you had a rare counterfiet for a minute, still looks in better nick than most.


Yeah 1779 would have been quite a game changer. (very rare date for a ctft) 1799... well in the game. :thumbsup:
 
Yep, that would give me a membership into the 1700's club.
Congrats on a sweet find.
 
Yep, that would give me a membership into the 1700's club.
Congrats on a sweet find.
 
That edge held up really well! None of mine ever held the edge like that. Great KG you found there. I would not try to clean it any more

Steve
 
leave it soak in olive oil for a few days and it will clean it and bring up patina
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom