1786 Vermont Baby head and 2 Unknow Buttons

foundation hunter

Jun 2, 2009
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Went back to the same site i found my Conn. copper started searching around the foundation,i always search the walls inside the foundation never found anything untill yesterday.Started searching the walls as i always do i got a quarter reading about 6 inches took out a couple of rocks and there it was a 1786 Vermont Baby Head,look at the condition of this coin.I have been soaking it in olive oil and hitting it with a soft toothbrush.Is there any method i can use to get the dirt out.Plus i have 2 unknow buttons.I live in Terryville Conn and found that Vermont Baby Head so i guess its possible to find any colonial coin.

Attachments

• baby_001.JPG
    baby_001.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 3,187
  • baby_006.JPG
    baby_006.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 3,168
  • baby_011.JPG
    baby_011.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,154
  • baby_017.JPG
    baby_017.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 3,149
  • baby_032.JPG
    baby_032.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 3,137
Upvote 0
Congrats on making Banner, glad to see a state copper make it again. My friend who found and sold the 1792 Half Disme back in 2004, also had a Baby Head in the same Stacks auction and it fetched over 1500 dollars for a ground found, so I think your copper does deserve some praise. Detail wise, his had more than yours, Stacks graded it EF45, which is very subjective for state coppers, wide variance. I compared your photo to the photo in the Stacks Catalog and yours is similar, just not as crisp in showing all the lettering/details, but it is struck more centered on the Reverse than his was, looks like his date was running a little off the bottom of the coin. Regardless without a doubt a desirable one for collectors. Me personally, it would be in my collection and not sold..... But always nice to know it has some value...........

Don

Magnificent babyhead VT :o :o :o :o :o Congrats on Banner and earning 100 skill points ,CMD :icon_pirat:

Congrat's on the find and the banner :icon_thumright:

Nice to see a colonial on the banner. Certainly well deserved. Thats a beauty. Weird looking baby face though. Congrats on a great find. :icon_thumleft:

Congrats on the BANNER! Knew it had a great chance! I'm hoping to find another Vermont this year. The Hogge

Awsome copper !! The Vermont Copper is on the top of my wish list. Congrats on a fantastic coin and a well deserved BANNER !

VPR

Colonial New England Copper ! On the Banner ! Where it belongs ! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :D ;D :) :( >:( :o :-[ :-X 8) :-\ ??? ::) :P :-* :'( :icon_pirat: :icon_profileleft: :icon_profileright: :tongue3: :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: :hello: :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: :sign13: :icon_sunny: :read2: :thumbsup: :coffee2: :occasion15: :occasion18: :occasion13: :occasion16: :icon_study: :occasion14: :3some: :wav: :wav: :wave: :sleepy2: :love10: :icon_salut: :nono: :icon_farao: :evil5: :laughing1: :violent1: :BangHead: :whip2: :icon_pale: :crybaby2: :sad10: :angel7: :sunny: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king: :icon_queen: :stop: :angry1: :angry2: :angry3: :angry7: :sad7: :icon_biggrin: :sad11: :angry9: :angry4: :angry5: :pain10: :pain10: :cussing: >:D :sign10: :argue: :sleepy4: :binkybaby: :blob1: :blob10: :blob3: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9: :bom: :tongue1: :happy1: :clock: :director: :director2: :dog: :drunken_smilie: :duckie: :evil6: :evil7: :fish: :glasses11: :glasses12: :happy11: :icon_cat: :icon_flower: :icon_santa: :icon_shaking2: :icon_cyclops_ani: :tard: :offtheair: :happy2: :sad5: :sad1: :@: :icon_silent: :idea1: :laughing11: :laughing3: :love2: :love1: :love3: :love4: :love9: :love5: :love6: :love7: :boxing: :love8: :lovestory: :mblah05: :merror: :munky2: :newbie: :occasion17: :protest: :angel9: :angel12: :angel11: :angel5: :angel8: :sad9: :smileinbox: :snorting: :coffee: :spam4: :tongue11: :tongue4: :tongue7: :toothy1: :toothy2: :toothy4: :walk: :lurk: :cat: :angel3: :angel2: :happy3: :alien: :angel1: :angel10: :occasion5: :bunny: Need I say more ! MaineRelic.

MaineRelic said:
Colonial New England Copper ! On the Banner ! Where it belongs ! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :D ;D :) :( >:( :o :-[ :-X 8) :-\ ??? ::) :P :-* :'( :icon_pirat: :icon_profileleft: :icon_profileright: :tongue3: :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: :hello: :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: :sign13: :icon_sunny: :read2: :thumbsup: :coffee2: :occasion15: :occasion18: :occasion13: :occasion16: :icon_study: :occasion14: :3some: :wav: :wav: :wave: :sleepy2: :love10: :icon_salut: :nono: :icon_farao: :evil5: :laughing1: :violent1: :BangHead: :whip2: :icon_pale: :crybaby2: :sad10: :angel7: :sunny: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king: :icon_queen: :stop: :angry1: :angry2: :angry3: :angry7: :sad7: :icon_biggrin: :sad11: :angry9: :angry4: :angry5: :pain10: :pain10: :cussing: >:D :sign10: :argue: :sleepy4: :binkybaby: :blob1: :blob10: :blob3: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9: :bom: :tongue1: :happy1: :clock: :director: :director2: :dog: :drunken_smilie: :duckie: :evil6: :evil7: :fish: :glasses11: :glasses12: :happy11: :icon_cat: :icon_flower: :icon_santa: :icon_shaking2: :icon_cyclops_ani: :tard: :offtheair: :happy2: :sad5: :sad1: :@: :icon_silent: :idea1: :laughing11: :laughing3: :love2: :love1: :love3: :love4: :love9: :love5: :love6: :love7: :boxing: :love8: :lovestory: :mblah05: :merror: :munky2: :newbie: :occasion17: :protest: :angel9: :angel12: :angel11: :angel5: :angel8: :sad9: :smileinbox: :snorting: :coffee: :spam4: :tongue11: :tongue4: :tongue7: :toothy1: :toothy2: :toothy4: :walk: :lurk: :cat: :angel3: :angel2: :happy3: :alien: :angel1: :angel10: :occasion5: :bunny: Need I say more ! MaineRelic.

I think you pretty much said it all. :D

Awesome find and congrats on making banner. :thumbsup:

GARRRRRRRRRRRRY! THAT IS AWESOME! Awesome buttons to! I cant' believe the condition of that coin...CONGRATS ON THE BANNER!

Awesome find!

To get dirt off coins without scratching from toothbrushes or harsh chemicals, I lay the coin down on a piece of wax paper and put a HUGE glob of plain Elmers white glue on it, so much so that is oozes onto the wax paper. Then I let it dry realy well and peel. Viola!

My 2c.

J~

That is an amazing looking copper.

Congrats on making the Banner. Well deserved for sure. Like Don said, it's always nice to see a State copper on the Banner.

Congrats again...

Brian in MA

Interesting coin. Does anyone know any of the history and why they used a baby's head. Great looking coin. Congratulations on your find.
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back