1789 George Washington Inaugural Button

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Woo Hoo Finally.. Got out on sunday for what turned out to be an EPIC day...Fog and I headed to a spot we have been thinking about for quite a while...About one hour into the hunt I get a sweet tone and start to dig...I saw a round green disk in my hand and noticed it was a dandy button *shank missing* Flipped it over and knew right away it was a GW Inaugural button...I ran over the hill to tell Fog, I was so pumped. I have dug plenty of dandy buttons and always hoped I would get a GW...And it finally happened...I haven't even cleaned it yet but I don't want to ruin it...I was thinking I had the best find of the day locked up *beat a GW button seriously* ..Then Fog pulls a Major coin to steal my thunder lol....I couldn't be more happy with this button...Thanks for looking Brian W.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 30
Congrats to you both! I just finished reading Fogs post. Both of you had an AMAZING day!!!

Great button there...always love seeing those posted here...

Problem with treasurenet is they have a like button, but not a love button. What a great find. Sign me as jealous.

Great find! You both had a memorable hunt.

Banner, need I say more, congrats!

Thanks again everyone...I looked at the Cobb sheet, but there is too much dirt to get id...maybe 5. Who knows.

Great GW button. I'm still looking for my first. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Congrats! great button

Congrats on a fantastic find. I'm still looking for one of those. You and the Fog have quite a site to work. I'd being putting up a tent on that site.

VERY cool, hope you find more there!

Steve:occasion14:

KILLER find that belongs on the banner!

Nice GW! Hope I see one come out of the hole in my time

Great hunt,Love to find one of those:notworthy:

Wow....I would like to thank everyone who voted for this button.... It was high on my list to get a GW button...never really thinking it would happen.... It was a pleasant surprise seeing that GW on front as I have plenty of plain dandy button's.... I feel very lucky to have this great piece of history in my collection... Thanks again Brian W

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back