1789 King George III Gold Coin

L

lovedigging

Got out for the first time this evening since the DIV in March. I had surgery on my hand and elbow a couple weeks ago and have been unable to dig. I couldn't stand it any longer, so my good friend Bill (Hutch 911) and I, went to a 200-year-old homesite that I'd gotten permission for us to hunt. There were many signals but after digging a few holes, I thought I was going to die from the pain in my arm! I'm sure glad Bill was along, because my next signal, he could tell I wasn't doing well and he asked if I wanted him to dig for me. I graciously accepted! A few moments of digging and we both spied it at the same time....then we were trying to see who could grab it first! LOL After reading the date on it, we were high-fiving my discovery! Needless to say, after I recover a little more (and it's not raining) we will go back and hit that sight again. Thanks again Bill for your help!!!

Attachments

• 1789 gold coin.jpg
    1789 gold coin.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 3,986
  • gold coin back.jpg
    gold coin back.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,937
  • where the coin was hiding.jpg
    where the coin was hiding.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 3,910
  • house foundation.jpg
    house foundation.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 3,907
Upvote 0
And to think, I was happy with a belt buckle. Colonial GOLD is the BEST find that my teeny weeny brain could imagine !

Super congrats on a find that I can only dream about !

VPR

The relief of that coin is amazing. Looks like it just came out of the press! Congratulations....MS-???

BEAUTIFUL!!

Congrats on an awesome coin and the banner.

NJ

sweet find on the gold :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

What sweet condition of the coin is so nice, congrat's on your find. :headbang:
Did your arm quit hurting for a bit?

veronasteve said:
thats a real nice coin...a goldie is a prize we all desire.....will it be worth more than the book value as a 'relic' of colonial America ??

Bear in mind Book value is very rarely achieved. However, being found in the US, & with their interest in this period (greater than ours) then it could match book price & maybe tip over.

tcooper1 said:
A few moments of digging and we both spied it at the same time....then we were trying to see who could grab it first!

so who got to it first?

figures you dig a gold coin, but with your friends help.....mine, no mine

sure would have had my heart pounding , congrats on the golden day and the Banner!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Congrats on Banner!! ..Quite a find :o and gold coins are turning up often this May! 8)

I bet that took the pain away :) ! What a awesome find !!!

Lawrence Ferlinghetti wrote, "I am continually awaiting the rebirth of Wonder".
He wrote that poem before there was a T-net. He'd see enough wondrous things here, all right.

Spectacular! Continued recovery after your surgery. You're gonna want to go back there..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back