Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have been detecting on and off since I was a kid. I bought my CZ in Feb. and started hunting again. I had never found a 1700s coin until today. :D There was a French and Prussian battle here in 1794. The coin is about the size of a half dollar. Today of all days,it was extremely muddy because of the melting snow. It was a great way to close out the year. I also found two minies and a Nazi coin and an old button.If I turn the button at an angle I can barely see a 5.If it was not for the snow knocking down the grass, I would not have hunted this area so I am going to try and quit complaining about the weather. Any info on the silver coin would be great. Thanks ,happy New Year and Happy Hunting!! :)

Attachments

• Dec31^01 resized.jpg
    Dec31^01 resized.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 546
  • Dec31^02 resized.jpg
    Dec31^02 resized.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 545
  • Dec31^03 resized.jpg
    Dec31^03 resized.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 558
Upvote 0

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Bird man, what a great way to end the year. My goal for 2006 is a 1700,s coin. I saw 7 found with my club last year so the odds are there. After this post i will never let a little fowl weather stop me (45 degrees an raining, windy). Now the challenge is to keep hunting in 2006! Wish health and luck to all!

Ed Donovan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o ~BIRD!~ :o

OMG!

:o Awesome find!!! :o

Congratulations on that find! Wow!

;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You done good, Bird. :) I love to see what you guys overseas are finding.

Congratulations!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Birdman! Great coin! Glad you got to get out. Tsgman

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground Fisher, My ID Excel has a glitch right now. ??? It is a great detector but I think there is a problem with the first models getting moisture in side the control panel.They say Fisher has fixed the problem now. I was using my CZ5. The whole box is covered with mud right now. Got to clean it up soon. HH

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Wow! What a great coin.

While it is nice to know the value other people place on a coin like that, I don't think I could ever part with it.

You are certainly making the most of your time in Europe. I really like reading your posts.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent find birdman!!....Alway's got some nice stuff to show,congrat's...HH

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
birdman said:
Ground Fisher, My ID Excel has a glitch right now.? ??? It is a great detector but I think there is a problem with the first models getting moisture in side the control panel.They say Fisher has fixed the problem now.? I was using my CZ5.? The whole box is covered with mud right now. Got to clean it up soon. HH
? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? Birdman, I had my mind set on the purchase of the ID Excel this spring to upgrade from my 1236X.You
are the 2nd person on the Forum that has had the problem of moisture getting inside the touchpad and causing a glitch as you stated. I do hope Fisher has fixed the problem ,because I have researched and read many positive reports on the Excel. Once again ,congrats on all the great finds you have been making this winter over there in Germany. Best of luck to you and HH!

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
WTG All that history in Germany, you should hit it hard before you PCS; you might never get another chance over there. Nice coin.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Renegade, I have a year before I PCS. Soon my hunting time will be pretty hard to come by. Got 2nd baby coming next month . Gonna be pretty busy!! I feel extremely lucky every time I get to go out .I look at this as a once in a life time chance. Life is Good! ;) HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread