🥇 BANNER 1792 Spanish Silver in excellent condition!

metaldetectingtaylor

Mar 21, 2011
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the road was being dug up outside my great grandmother’s house so my Dad and I figured we give it a shot. In the past, we found countless 18th century coins and relics but this is our first Spanish silver from here. It looks to be a 1792 Carlos IV 2 Reales from Bolivia. It was probably brought up from the excavator because it was only a couple of inches down in a pile of loose dirt. Love the detail on this one! Only our second Spanish silver in 10 years of detecting!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567268526.149943.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567268537.747477.jpg

Upvote 79
Ill give that a Banner thats so frekin awesome I would need a diaper If I found one of those. Amazing there goes her yard lol Congrats

Amazing !! Congrats!

I’ll give that a banner vote too, what a gorgeous coin! Don’t see 2 Reales posted often.

Nice find. Ive got a bunch of half and one reales but no twos

Wow!!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in that good of shape. I’ll throw my vote in for banner as well. Huge congrats!!

That's crisp! It obviously didnt jingle around in someone's pocket too long. They were common currency until about 1850, but that one looks like it was lost much earlier...like 1792-1793 lol. I've found 3 of them, but not in that shape. You have my vote as well!

1792 Spanish Silver

I noticed the road was being dug up outside my great grandmother’s house so my Dad and I figured we give it a shot. In the past, we found countless 18th century coins and relics but this is our first Spanish silver from here. It looks to be a 1792 Carlos IV 2 Reales from Bolivia. It was probably brought up from the excavator because it was only a couple of inches down in a pile of loose dirt. Love the detail on this one! Only our second Spanish silver in 10 years of detecting!
View attachment 1748096View attachment 1748097

Thank you everyone for your Banner nominations and kind words. This is our favorite coin to date. We noticed today that they did a little bit more dirt moving so we're going to go back and give it another sweep. Good luck everyone on this holiday weekend!!!

WOW!! That's a awesome Spanish silver. Congrats and GL back in there.

Banner vote from me.

Excellent details left on that coin. Congrats on a fantastic find.

Outstanding detail...:notworthy:

Banner!

Yessir, great condition!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back