276 KB · Views: 656
  • ForumRunner_20130616_201704.png
    ForumRunner_20130616_201704.png
    281 KB · Views: 737
  • ForumRunner_20130616_201746.png
    ForumRunner_20130616_201746.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 56
Sure got a winner there. Should look good once the dirt is off.

If the hogge is right it's listed as "very scarce", but not one of the "rare" varieties. I think there are only two known of the NC example. Regardless of the variety it's an awesome find and definitely banner material!! Don't clean it at all as it looks like parts are about to flake off on the back. I would invest the money to have it professionally restored. I think there's only about 150 of these '93 Caps known and now you've added one more! Congrats!

Did you know it was such a scarce coin when you dug it?

Very scarce relating to the numbers, but a bit deceiving because most coppers we dig don't have the base price of this one. It's much better to dig the most common variety of a very high value and desired coin than to dig the rarest variety of a lower valued type.

Last edited:
Both amazed and inspired. What a great piece of history you have unearthed. I have only gone out three times so far but after seeing some of the treasures found on here... well today will be the fourth.

Great job on that find and good luck on the next one.

Already congratulate you George someplace else, but voted "banner" here. It is a wonderful find!!

I don't know how I missed this post but it doesn't really matter now does it. Fantastic find and congrats on making the banner on one of your first posts. And welcome to TN, now we all have high expectations of you and your future posts.
HH
ZDD

I did find a Vermon Auctori last week. I should have started posting on here then..

I did find a Vermon Auctori last week. I should have started posting on here then..
It's not too late... show us that Vermont coin!!:laughing7::laughing7: Not necessarily on this thread.... maybe make another one so it will get more views. If you just joined, I think it's perfectly acceptable to post a few "catch up" posts to let people know what you've been finding.... as long as they're not all banner finds..:laughing7: Congratulations on making the banner with your copper. Truly an awesome coin!

Last edited:
Congrats on an amazing copper! That's a serious find. Have you considered what you might due to treat and conserve the coin? I've heard that the conservation service that NGC offers often declines to handle a dug coin, although I've never had reason to contact them myself for such a need.

Congrads - super rare to dig up such a scare coin...:icon_thumleft:

even in dug condition there is good value. Not easy coin for collectors to locate even in lower grades...

Thanks for sharing... this one & chain cent still on my bucket after 40 years... :headbang:

Glad you got it off before that!!!!:happysmiley:

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on an outstanding BANNER find! :thumbsup: Breezie

Very scarce relating to the numbers, but a bit deceiving because most coppers we dig don't have the base price of this one. It's much better to dig the most common variety of a very high value and desired coin than to dig the rarest variety of a lower valued type.

I don't agree! A person would have to dig a lot of lower valued type coppers to equal the value of the O.P's coin and in finding it, there is less arm and shoulder pain.

Frank

It does not get better then that, great find :headbang: Jim

Now that's a 'once in a lifetime find right there GKman! :occasion14:

"Look up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!" It's your 1793 Capped Liberty Cent on the BANNER!!!

Congratulations my friend!
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back