What's new

1793 Flowing Hair

DeArmitt Pa

Full Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
124
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well thanks to Mach 1 Pilot, I was able to recover this amazing find. The property we were at has a house that might only go back to around 1900. The yard is loaded with junk and trash. Definitely small coil territory the whole way. As cold and rainy as it was today, I was being followed by wasps. So it was very annoying when your listening to a good signal and hear buzzing by your ear. Mach 1 Pilot also found a KG of some sort, dated as 1771-1778, The last didget is up for debate. We were actally headed back to the corner of the property when I heard this signal, rang in loud and clear. Read as 12-45 on my E-trac and was 6 inches deep. I was expecting another piece of junk, which I though I had because there was no green in the dirt. I checked the hole and no signal, check the dirt and its there. I finally found it in the dirt and was excited. I showed my companions and they said to wash the loose dirt off in the creek by the house. I did. I was shocked when I saw 1793 staring back at me and "One Cent" on the back. I did the happy dance. Needless to say this is a find of a lifetime. This will be hard to top. It is a 1793 Wreath type Flowing Hair with Vine and Bars Edge. Simply amazing. :icon_sunny:. Also notice the die crack running across the top of the coin and her hair. MINT ERROR.
 

Attachments

  • 1793 A 002.webp
    1793 A 002.webp
    139.9 KB · Views: 3,973
  • 1793 A 003.webp
    1793 A 003.webp
    139.5 KB · Views: 3,960
  • 1793 006.webp
    1793 006.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 3,902
Upvote 2
Looks like you got yourself another avatar pic. :thumbsup:

BANNER
 
That is one amazing find! One of the KING of coppers for sure. Well done.

Brian
 
Congrats! Might be worth sending to NCS for conservation
 
Nice find once again! Looks good up there in BANNER! :thumbsup:
Timekiller!
PS.Gotta say though you have reentergized my blood for some more diggin'. :laughing9:
This weather here just wont't let UP FOR ME! :(
But I'll be there when it does! :icon_pirat: :laughing9: :laughing7:
 
Way to go on making the Banner!!!! :hello2:
 
Congrats on your rare BANNER find!!! :thumbsup:
Fantastic!
-MM-
 
Thank you all for banner nominations and all of the great responses. You gotta love this hobby. :icon_sunny:. Keep those coils to the ground and happy huntings. :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on the banner. Very nice find.....
 
WTG on a fantastic, rare coin from the 1700's. Congrats on making the BANNER :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
I love your avatar DeArmitt Pa :hello2: Congrats on the banner :hello2:
 
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! That's a find to be proud of for years to come...CONGRATS!!!! :hello2:

HH, Hank 8)
 
Thats a sweet find WTG now get it cleaned and slabbed. :headbang:
 
Great find!!! Banner! :thumbsup:
 
You need to buy the Pilot lunch........... What a amazing find, congratulations.
This is the best hobby in the world.
 
:o WOW what agreat treasure congrats


vermonster
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom