What's new

1793 Flowing Hair

DeArmitt Pa

Full Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
124
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well thanks to Mach 1 Pilot, I was able to recover this amazing find. The property we were at has a house that might only go back to around 1900. The yard is loaded with junk and trash. Definitely small coil territory the whole way. As cold and rainy as it was today, I was being followed by wasps. So it was very annoying when your listening to a good signal and hear buzzing by your ear. Mach 1 Pilot also found a KG of some sort, dated as 1771-1778, The last didget is up for debate. We were actally headed back to the corner of the property when I heard this signal, rang in loud and clear. Read as 12-45 on my E-trac and was 6 inches deep. I was expecting another piece of junk, which I though I had because there was no green in the dirt. I checked the hole and no signal, check the dirt and its there. I finally found it in the dirt and was excited. I showed my companions and they said to wash the loose dirt off in the creek by the house. I did. I was shocked when I saw 1793 staring back at me and "One Cent" on the back. I did the happy dance. Needless to say this is a find of a lifetime. This will be hard to top. It is a 1793 Wreath type Flowing Hair with Vine and Bars Edge. Simply amazing. :icon_sunny:. Also notice the die crack running across the top of the coin and her hair. MINT ERROR.
 

Attachments

  • 1793 A 002.webp
    1793 A 002.webp
    139.9 KB · Views: 3,973
  • 1793 A 003.webp
    1793 A 003.webp
    139.5 KB · Views: 3,960
  • 1793 006.webp
    1793 006.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 3,902
Upvote 2
You need to put that back and let me find it!! ;D It is so great that it is readable what a find!
 
I'll trade you a couple 3-ringer's for it ;D........Awesome Coinage :thumbsup:
 
1793 flowing hair is such a beautiful coin. Probably my favorite. Amazing find! Congratulations on the banner!
 
Iv have been looking at the varieties, and the Sheldon 10 and the NC-4 are very similar, what is the difference bewtween the two? (Besides the rarity)
 
DeArmitt Pa said:
Iv have been looking at the varieties, and the Sheldon 10 and the NC-4 are very similar, what is the difference bewtween the two? (Besides the rarity)

The NC-4 is not similar, the NC-5 and the Sheldon 10 have Identical Obverses (date side) but the reverses are from different dies and it matches from what is showing in details(see my first response) on the coin the reverse of the Sheldon 10.

The NC-4, the date is different, the 3 leafs and stem are entirely different.
 
Congratulations on a well-earned Banner. For me, the 1793 half-cents and one cents (any variety) are the queens of U.S. coppers.

artorius
 
Chalk that one off the list. Wow, Nice find and congrats on a Banner day....Jgas
 
nice find !!!! that is going to be hard to beat congratulations
 
Nice find and in time more like this will show up, everyone keep looking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom